Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Chat with Larry Bond and Chris Carlson (and Falkthru)  (Read 3964 times)

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
on: February 20, 2021, 04:49:53 PM
Latest ATG chat I did with Larry and Chris today:

And the results of the Falkthru are here with additional video link inside:

https://lairoflubidius.blogspot.com/2021/02/falk-thru-you-tube-link.html

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:47 PM
excellent!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:38:14 PM
One note: on my darn Falkthru it only captured my voice. I’ll post an analysis soon that may clear up the results a bit but it’s still worth a fast forward listen to see how we ended with the final disposition.

rickbill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 04:30:54 PM
 :applause:

fascinating again ...

I wish everyone put as much effort to assure the rules rewarded real-world tactics.  And I appreciate that that comes from a deep understanding of the technology involved.  I wish everyone trying to wargame tech deep weaponry did the same amount of research.  But, the ability to abstract it into game mechanics as brilliant as those in Harpoon?  Truly legendary!!

Just a selfish plug for a wargamer ribbon and a wargamer "bunker"

I truly wish that the AD/ATG/NSDM/OWG (Origins War College) folks (maybe some like-minded game companies / groups) would join forces at Origins.

Much less running from one side of the convention center to the other between events ... just kinda park and maybe even have a free play area ... or just an area to hang out an talk wargames (or listen to smart folks talk wargames) ... but, I guess GAMA rules hinder that and I am sure there are other reasons. 

Still, that would be AWESOME!!  Staff wargaming Persian Incursion 2 while Larry is running a Valkerie scenario of Harpoon 5 a few feet away ?!!!  ... wargamer nirvana  :party:

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 06:36:27 PM
I truly wish that the AD/ATG/NSDM/OWG (Origins War College) folks (maybe some like-minded game companies / groups) would join forces at Origins.

There are some things we could do to better coordinate, but co-location is going to screw somebody up either for lack of visibility for their gaming, or for too much noise for the presentations.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

rickbill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 10:26:33 PM
that's why they only pay me to write code.