Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Seeking some advice  (Read 2362 times)

acctingman

on: June 03, 2021, 10:25:32 PM
So, I posted this on another forum and I'd like to ask this here. Just a simple opinion question.

I've been wanting to sink my teeth into a meaty game, namely WitE2 or WitW (I prefer the western front). My background for WW2 games is Steel Panthers, Battle Academy, Panzer Corps and a couple other similar less complex games. While fun, they kind of bore me now.

So...do I just take the plunge and realize I'm going to suck for a while, or do I buy something else to ease me into that meat grinder? If your answer would be "something else".....I'd love to hear some recommendations.

Thank you!

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 10:48:53 PM
I hate to get into this with you because you are terrible about accepting advice, but you've already listed the alternatives. Buy WitE/WitW on sale and learn to play or don't and learn to play something else. It really is that simple.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

LetsPlayHistory

• Trooper
  • Let's get serious about games!
    • Let's Play History
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 04:26:10 AM
Maybe take Strategic Command World War 1 or SC WW2 War in Europe or WarPlan as your next steps.

Meet me on LinkedIn, BlueSky, BoardGameGeek, YouTube and Twitch!

Et vive citoyen général Bonaparte!