Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Recent Posts

Arts & Crafts & 3D Printing / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 06:31:53 AM »
FINALLY...got some more progress on the Salamander

As soon as I did up the airbrush, I had a blockage...it's that kind of thing that gives me hives when I'm thinking about getting back to it. But...I soldiered on

The Modern World / Re: Blood & Fury from LNLP
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 06:23:07 AM »
Nature abhors a vacuum and that includes a vacuum in communication; something will always fill it.
The Modern World / Re: Blood & Fury from LNLP
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 02:47:26 AM »
Exactly. After all the poison being spat out and LnL coming forward to make a video update to appease the naysayers, they then went into the dark again.

I'm just a wee bit shocked you think it's a good idea to not give out regular updates when people have backed your product.

Again, I'm not fussed personally. I am fine waiting - but it just annoys me they are allowing this poison to gain momentum. They could've just nipped it in the bud by communicating early or, as is the case, once it got bad, they could have just stemmed the flow of poison. But nope. They seem quite happy for the Game Found boards and the BGG boards to be taken over by all the hate.

It's really, really taken alot of the shine off getting this game. I'm desperate to get it so the hate goes away now - not because I'm looking forward to getting it - as was the original case.

They have behaved really poorly.
Age of Gunpowder / Re: MMP's Gettysburg (Scott Muldoon design)
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Yesterday at 03:03:45 PM »
Did they share your thoughts or any comments? Flew a bit under the radar but noticed it was up for a Charlie.

I spent more time watching the Caucasus game than Gettysburg.  I'm not a big ACW guy.

That said, seemed like the terrain was getting the better of both sides, and limiting maneuver far more than either player would've liked.  No idea if that's normal for that game or not.

The Union player was having a hard time getting all his artillery where he wanted, but the Confederate player didn't seem to get much mass to take advantage.
The Clemson-NC State game used to always be NC State Fair week. Talk about a disaster...

I remember the year they wanted a noon football game and a 7pm hockey game on a State Fair weekend.

To their credit, they only had to learn that lesson once.   :idiot2:
College football weekend...  :'(

yep, here, too.  But trying to avoid the state fair here, also!

The Clemson-NC State game used to always be NC State Fair week. Talk about a disaster...
Age of Gunpowder / Re: MMP's Gettysburg (Scott Muldoon design)
« Last post by HistoryTable on Yesterday at 12:47:22 PM »
Did they share your thoughts or any comments? Flew a bit under the radar but noticed it was up for a Charlie.
HistoriKC Fest is a 4 day (August 15-18, 2024)  board game convention for war, ConSim, historical, 18xx, and other board games in the Kansas City metro area.

Registration and event schedule:  https://tabletop.events/conventions/historikc-fest-2024-midwest-madness
More details: https://HistoriKCFest.com

Hear! Hear!

We're also very happy to have direct designer interactions, like Mr. Land himself. You can join him for a cocktail on the rooftop bar or sit in on his learn to play session of Silver Bayonet!

Happy to answer any questions
one of these years I'll make it out there!
HistoriKC Fest is a 4 day (August 15-18, 2024)  board game convention for war, ConSim, historical, 18xx, and other board games in the Kansas City metro area.

Registration and event schedule:  https://tabletop.events/conventions/historikc-fest-2024-midwest-madness
More details: https://HistoriKCFest.com