Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Pavlov’s House board game made into computer game  (Read 4711 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 08:14:39 AM
Bawb, you aren't thinking inside the box.
In a similar situation in Game of Thrones, didn't Tyrion ship himself overseas in a special delivery box?
What do you think container ships are for?

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 08:33:48 AM
Yes, but he is so much smaller that I am.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 02:19:32 PM
Hey BC!

What the heck do Storm Groups do? Can’t find it in the rules anywhere....  ???

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 05:04:16 PM
Hey BC!

What the heck do Storm Groups do? Can’t find it in the rules anywhere....  ???

Check out the Instructions button, then click on the Soviet Cards button at left (for future reference, not because I'm a smartass, lol).

It does say to check the Storm Group option for more info...but I can't find that in the rules. It only appears in the Tutorial game once you draw a Resupply card (which is among the Wehrmacht cards).

Once you draw a Resupply card, you have to feed peeps in the House, then it flips over and goes to the Storm Group space in the upper left corner of the map. To do a Storm Group raid, you must:

- Have at least one soldier that is not Exhausted or Disrupted, to send on the raid
- The color for the Storm Group cannot have any German soldiers in its area (e.g., if purple is displayed, you cannot have any German soldiers or tanks on the purple (6) line
- Draw a 62nd Army card, which will give you a Storm Group option if the above two points are true.

For each soldier you send on a Storm Group raid, you get one die. If a soldier has an 'S' notation, they get TWO dice instead. You then roll all your dice, and if the total is more than the Defense Value on the card, you succeed and get to keep the card. The VP value on the card tells you how many points that raid was worth, and the game will track that automatically.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:06:19 PM by BanzaiCat »

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 08:29:10 PM
Ah, so it’s just a way to get points. No where does it say that... at least that I could find. Tells you how set it up, how many dice you roll etc.

Thanks.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 09:41:21 AM
Forgot to say, if you fail in your raid, the card remains and you can try again. Only thing is, a Storm Group raid Exhausts the soldiers you send along.

Very important to have at least a couple of soldiers with the C rating (Command), so they can remove Exhausted and Disrupted results on others. Having two soldiers with a C can go a long way to fixing up a lot of soldiers. Just don't forget, you gotta feed them, so get a lot of food over ASAP.

I didn't see it either - I'm going to ask David T. about that to be sure we're not missing something.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)