Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Broken Arrow - eugen but not eugen  (Read 3048 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: December 17, 2021, 03:42:27 AM
Nestled amongst the DW2 clips i saw a still for a game with a tank and wondered what it was - much delving later and it is thus

Well crap, that just looks awesome to me - Wargame Airland Battle era but with tweaks and improvements - my money awaits

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 03:56:11 PM
&t=5s

Dear God, i hope one day im granted the time and money to play all these

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 06:53:31 PM
Demo is out now on steam next fest - of all of this genre eugen/regiments this one looks the coolest - won’t have access until a few days from now but will post some stuff

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 07:10:22 PM
Also interested in this one.  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 05:55:11 AM
Loving every minute of demo so far

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 08:22:25 AM
Broken Arrow demo stuff -

This is the opening part of the mission, clear this area, specifically a tank platoon and 6 ground to air missile launchers around the map, take this small island, advance onto main island in distance, taking a hill fort that has artillery batteries on that will destroy our main landing forces, and take important areas on that island

Our starting point is covered by this bad boy

I move our marines up in their landing craft, whilst marine recon elements stay in the high rises and keep an eye on the tank, and also order some AT Dragon troops

The marines wait for the dragon troops to destroy the tank before they occupy the buildings

A landing craft ordered back to base for a points refund chooses a route out of the front of the building in front of the enemy tank

Dragon troops arrive and fire the first AT missile, seen heading across the first pond

Down one T72

A BRDM comes to see what all the noise is about

And he gets a dragon in the face too

Marines move up the left and right flank and soon spot 2 of the missile launchers

And they both go down quickly with hardly any armour

A Hind starts buzzing the right flank, I order up a Stinger team and stick them on the right

and it doesnt last long

Supporting the advance of the marines on the left we lose a LAV to some BRDMS at the crossroads

But we return the favour on the other side of town

I bring in supplies and more marines for the left flank

The marines on the right face their first ambush, the LAV moves forward to provide fire support

Its been a much easier ride for the right flankers

With a reinforced line across the centre the enemy send naval unit reinforcements

After intense CQB house to house fighting the right is clear and these troops move left to consolidate the force

Forces close in on the last missile launcher

Mission accomplished

We need these guys........ over there

Ospreys inbound

Get to the chopper.......

'Clear the fort, take the fort'

A viper decimates the artillery on the hill whilst the Ospreys start dropping off the marines

Hidden AA assets open fire on the Ospreys but they deliver their load safely and return to base

I take the hill, it just needs holding long enough in the face of an enemy para assault whilst our main landing force comes in

Here they come

We hold them off - the main landing force is inbound with abrams, lavs, marines........

and then the demo craps out and kicks me out with a blue screen - good news, its a great game and fun to play, i played on half speed and it looks and works great at that speed - bad news, theres no save function or autosave so the 2 hours it took to get here has gone

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 08:59:40 AM
Huh… you got a lot farther than I did. I couldn’t figure out if, or even how, to get more troops than what started on the map and got overwhelmed badly… more reading on my part I guess. :Loser:

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 09:05:25 AM
Did the same the first time I played!

Top left there’s a points total and points accumulater

Click here and it’ll drop down ye olde style eugen menu for recon, infantry, supper blah blah and pick what you need - the transport it comes in and off you go

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 09:29:33 AM
 :bigthumb: