Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 220994 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1005 on: October 30, 2021, 04:45:30 PM
Just arrived - Days & Nights Red Army Pack, which is a bunch of nice Soviet soldier, tank, and sniper minis for use with both Days of Ire and Nights of Fire, games that deal with the Budapest uprising in the 1950s. Might prioritize this as we're needing to review it for Solosaurus soon, I think.

Also just got Trench Club (did an unboxing video for it - great components, dice chucker, slug fest, WW1 theme) which I might try if there's time.

Also have No Motherland Without that I just sleeved and punched finally, so I might try a turn or two of that if there's time.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1006 on: November 02, 2021, 11:21:37 AM
Might actually play games with a neighbor this weekend, so who knows. I'm leaning towards Fortune and Glory.

Also I'm pretty motivated to want to try to start painting minis. I've done it before, but it was a Warhammer 40k platoon, back in 1990 or so. I admit even if you have zero skill, adding some color to a mini is a huge improvement over no color/gray minis. I'm going to start working on my Shadows of Brimstone set, probably the Forbidden Fortress core set, first.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #1007 on: November 19, 2021, 08:31:15 AM
Hoping to finishing my play through of La Vendée 1793

and get these fresh arrivals open

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1008 on: November 30, 2021, 04:10:33 AM
And this past weekend focused once more into something and this is my opinion.

https://wargamercoffeebreak.com/2021/11/30/over-the-fence-a-newbie-review-of-levy-and-campaign-nevsky/

That being done and for the foreseeing future the table will be occupied with yet another game off the shelf ( play more buy less ! ) As I record a Thank You play through series

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1009 on: November 30, 2021, 06:38:56 AM
We had Age of Dogfights on our Origins program this past year :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1010 on: November 30, 2021, 06:40:03 AM
I'll try and fit in some more 'Assault - Red Horizon 41' but wont much time for gaming as its the wife's birthday and we have people arriving from around the UK for the party on Saturday.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1011 on: November 30, 2021, 07:18:59 AM
I'll try and fit in some more 'Assault - Red Horizon 41' but wont much time for gaming as its the wife's birthday and we have people arriving from around the UK for the party on Saturday.

I'm sure she would understand if you took over one side table at the party for a bit of gaming while she visited with everyone else, no?   :whistle:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2021, 09:21:48 AM
Not a chance :-(

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1013 on: November 30, 2021, 09:25:27 AM
Brant is really trying to get a frying pan to strike the side of your noggin.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1014 on: November 30, 2021, 09:59:54 AM
We had Age of Dogfights on our Origins program this past year :)

It is much much fun. Deserves all the attention it can get.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1015 on: November 30, 2021, 11:49:37 AM
Brant is really trying to get a frying pan to strike the side of your noggin.

I'm much more skilled at dodging now, and she aint as nimble as she once was.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:34:56 PM by bob48 »

judgedredd

Reply #1016 on: November 30, 2021, 03:08:49 PM
Enemy Action:Ardennes

It's turn 20th December (turn 5). That means the end of German movement restrictions, the start of fuel checks and replacements. I have lost some steps but I haven't lost any units yet - deciding instead to disorganise them. When you disorganise units they can't do anything. They can lose their disorganisation either when the formation is activated again (but can't take part in any operations) or at the end of the turn (day). That might not have been a great thing to do because although it keeps my units intact, it does halt me in my tracks.

In terms of win/loss - I have 18 victory points and at this stage if I had less than 11, I'd have lost. I've got some more points to try and grab before the 23rd when I need 20 points...

Trouble is the Allies get stronger here. This is the thing - the number of command points I get to spend before the allies get to act reduces each turn. So where I started out with being able to play 6 command points (10 on the first impulse), now I get 3. That's likely mostly going to be one, possibly two command cards (formations). So basically during the early turns, I get to perform 2, 3 or 4 impulses. But now I'll get one or two and from the 21st, it goes down to 2 meaning I only get (generally) 1 formation.

So things do get tougher from here.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:49:39 AM by judgedredd »

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1017 on: December 03, 2021, 12:12:35 PM
I'm going to try to set-up and begin the Grand Campaign for WitE 1 finally. My goal is to lose as the Germans faster than anyone previously ever has. I think I've got a good shot at it.  :doh:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #1018 on: December 03, 2021, 03:20:59 PM
I will play video games this weekend.  Have a great one everyone!!

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #1019 on: December 03, 2021, 04:26:05 PM
Scheduled to play 2nd World War at Sea: Bomb Alley tomorrow and Warhammer FRP on Sunday but they're calling for a dumping of snow tonight so we'll have to see how the roads are looking tomorrow morning.

Vancouver has to be one of the worst cities in Canada for snow driving.  Most people don't get winter tires despite the fact that we get snow every year.  Then we gave to put up with days of idiocy as those without snow tires are spun out in ditches, crawling along at 30 kph, or snuck spinning their wheels at the bottom of an incline.  Meanwhike, the suburban commandos with their F-150s, bargain basement snow tires, and two bags of sand in the bed are convinced they're snow gods and try to blitz past everyone at 110 kph.  Usually spot them upside-down in a ditch 2km down the road.  Man, I wish I could work from home.