Author Topic: MMP’s Day of Days full campaign  (Read 2503 times)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #90 on: February 13, 2021, 02:45:05 PM
And then there is Sword beach. Here there are British 3rd Infantry Div., white band, and elements of the 1st British Special Service, thin white band. They are now charged with taking Caen.
Trying to stop them is a spread out 21st Panzergrenadier Div., tan band.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #91 on: February 13, 2021, 02:49:32 PM
Lastly is the 6th Airborne Div., red with white center. They are trying to hold back reinforcements from the east. Element of 1st British Special Service, thin white band, are moving in to take care of the coastal strong points.
The German 21st Panzergrenadier Div., tan band, is here as well. And trying to push in from the east are the 711th Infantry Div., orange band, and 346th Infantry Div., dark green band.
Bit of a squeeze for the 6th.....

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #92 on: February 13, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
Good stuff as usual. Looks like you've got some tough decisions to make for both sides.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #93 on: February 13, 2021, 03:06:54 PM
Thanks.  :)
Yeah, just trying to plan out what you want to do for that turn can be a stumper. And the choice for what activates is in the open for both players and the Allies have to choose first.
Now, the for the Allies it's pretty straight forward at least for the Commonwealth beach areas. But the US area are hard to choose which formation to attack with when you need to attack everywhere.
For the Germans it's a bit easier as you are mostly defending and hardly attacking at all. But you need to be prepared for an opening to do some real damage whne the chance appear so you have to choose wisely....

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #94 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:32 AM
Great stuff, Barthheart!  I feel like I'm really getting a sense of the challenges faced by both sides in this operation. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #95 on: February 14, 2021, 06:14:17 AM
^Absolutely. :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'