Author Topic: Battle of Isandlwana  (Read 2471 times)

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • Hope is not a Course of Action
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #120 on: January 18, 2021, 10:06:03 PM
Thank you for reading. I hope you all enjoyed.

I hope you all liked the appearance of different games in the background...which I only thought to do at the last minute...I was meant to do one each turn.

I ended on the one I'm going to play next. I started a game some time ago and I had to clear up I think - get out of the dining room. So I'm getting it back on the table. Something fairly light. I don't know that I'll do an AAR for it though and I don't know when I'll start it as I've got a Tamiya 1/48 A-10C waiting to get finished.

JD, I'm catching up on your AAR and it was great!  :bigthumb:

Thank you for sharing and for your input about the game. I did noticed all the different items around your game, such as the different game boxes, and I wondered, "Who sent you that great Christmas card?" and "What were you drinking in the pint glass?" I also wondered what programs you might have been watching on your tablet, so that was fun. I did notice all the different games and I think Mrs. Thatcher's War will be fun to read. I see you started that AAR in a different thread, so I'll jump to that next.

Thanks!

judgedredd

• Lancer
  • OJsdad - No, she just told me to drop them. Been s
Reply #121 on: January 19, 2021, 02:03:55 AM
Thanks Tolstoi. I appreciate that.

I did change the game on the desk now and again and tried to mix the background up to make things a bit more interesting - so I'm glad my attempts did not escape your attention  :bigthumb:

I had no intention of doing an AAR for Mrs Thatcher's War so it's not a sin-depth as Isandlwana or Rorke's Drift. But I had a fantastic time playing it and it's a tough wee game. Trying to manage your very limited resources is a real pain and very difficult to get your troops across the islands...especially if the dice are against you.

I hope you enjoy it.

Alba gu' brath

ojsdad - "No, she just told me to drop them. Been so long since woman told me to do that I just did it."