Author Topic: Battle of Isandlwana  (Read 2448 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #30 on: December 27, 2020, 07:47:13 PM
I've seen Zulu a few times, though the last was several years ago. This was in the back of my mind as I was reading this, that I wanted to watch it again.

I don't think I've seen Zulu Dawn, though I've heard of it. I'll check 'em out.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #31 on: December 27, 2020, 09:53:06 PM
Was frankly shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you) to find Zulu Dawn on YouTube for free. Interesting movie, though the pacing was slower than Zulu. That battle was a bloody balls-up, wot?

judgedredd

• Lancer
  • OJsdad - No, she just told me to drop them. Been s
Reply #32 on: December 28, 2020, 02:51:53 AM
Was frankly shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you) to find Zulu Dawn on YouTube for free. Interesting movie, though the pacing was slower than Zulu. That battle was a bloody balls-up, wot?
First World Military Arrogance in action and displayed perfectly.

Alba gu' brath

ojsdad - "No, she just told me to drop them. Been so long since woman told me to do that I just did it."

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #33 on: December 28, 2020, 10:06:24 AM
I think Monty Python forever ruined my impression of this battle...

"I think I killed 15 of the buggers...back home they'd hang me. Here, they'll give me a f**kin' medal, sah!"  ;D

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #34 on: December 28, 2020, 10:12:56 AM
Turn 5

Movement Phase
Normally I split the movement phase but I accidentally combined then in this image. The British continue to withdraw. They've taken their depleted units out of harms way and Pulleine has moved north to take command

The Zulu have moved in close to the South and a new Zulu unit has entered to the North.

Alba gu' brath

ojsdad - "No, she just told me to drop them. Been so long since woman told me to do that I just did it."

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #35 on: December 28, 2020, 10:14:24 AM
Forgive me if you've mentioned this, but how do those 'Ammo Depleted' counters get rectified? Or do they?

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #36 on: December 28, 2020, 10:19:33 AM
I don't know that I did mention it.

AFTER the following turns combat phase.

These units were out of ammo on Turn 4 so after Turn 5 firing round they lose their depleted markers.

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #37 on: December 28, 2020, 10:32:30 AM
British Fire Phase
The British to the North are in trouble...I should've pulled them back. Also the troops in Zone 25 to the south are in some hot water.

The Zulu did not inflict any casualties in their random fire phase
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 10:34:36 AM by judgedredd »

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #38 on: December 28, 2020, 10:47:14 AM
Melee Phase
Well...that was tough for the British. They lost two units in the North and the other 3 were depleted.

Down at the South of the battlefield, they lost an NNC unit and the other was depleted.

You'll notice the British units have replenished their ammo as they're entitled to do so the following turn after the fire phase
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:05:45 AM by judgedredd »

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #39 on: December 28, 2020, 11:04:55 AM
Melee Phase
Well...that was tough for the British. They lost two units in the North and the other 3 were deleted.

Undo! Undo!

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #40 on: December 28, 2020, 11:06:00 AM
Thanks...depleted.

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #41 on: December 28, 2020, 11:12:22 AM
Turn 6
British Movement Phase
The British continue to pull back...their defensive circle is getting smaller.

The artillery unit is turned onto its moved side and cannot fire this turn.

The troops in Zone 17 can fire on the Zulu in Zone 30. I didn't mention it in the previous turn but they couldn't that turn because there were British troops between them and the Zulu...and its considered bad manners to fire through your own soldiers.

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #42 on: December 28, 2020, 11:25:08 AM
Zulu Movement Phase
The Zulu are heading round the back of Mt Isandlwana

I was going to stop using the Movement results for the Zulu as they do occasionally move left and right...but given the size of the battlefield, I'm going to let it play out that way just now. There's plenty of time for them to get to the VP areas

I moved the solitary Zulu unit from Zone 29 to Zone 28 but I shouldn't have a they were in melee with the British in Zone 24. But I've left him there as he's today anyway.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:34:51 AM by judgedredd »

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #43 on: December 28, 2020, 11:42:05 AM
Trying to post more but I'm getting a 500 error from the host. I may have to continue on my own from here..... :'(

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #44 on: December 28, 2020, 11:44:13 AM
British Fire Phase
There weren't alot of in range Zulu units here. The British took out 8 Zulu units and two British units are out of ammo.

The Zulu Random Fire Phase did not hit any British troops

Have I exceeded an upload limit or something? It seems I can post but not with an image

Alba gu' brath