Author Topic: The Emperor's Third Hat -- BLOOD BOWL Tournament  (Read 3563 times)

bayonet_chris

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 10:34:03 PM
That actually answered an important question. Apocalypse Cow was in Chaos Edition (1000 pts). Apocalypse is another team in BB2. No one wants to play that team.  ;D

Let me give you a team from that one - Brick Layers should meet the criteria

bayonet_chris

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #31 on: March 17, 2022, 10:00:00 AM
I should have a few teams that meet the criteria:

• Brick Layers (Chaos)
  • Undercity Wraiths (Dark Elves)

Just pick whichever one.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:46:29 AM by bayonet_chris »

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #32 on: March 17, 2022, 01:43:48 PM
I played a couple of games this week to help myself re-learn it.

I love Bob & Jim.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #33 on: March 17, 2022, 04:48:18 PM

I love Bob & Jim.

I think they've actually been adding more banter for them over time.  My son speaks of them as if they're real people...

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #34 on: March 17, 2022, 08:45:59 PM

I love Bob & Jim.

I think they've actually been adding more banter for them over time.  My son speaks of them as if they're real people...

They're not real people.

One is an undead; the other an ogre.   ;)

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #35 on: March 17, 2022, 11:26:48 PM
I should have a few teams that meet the criteria:

• Brick Layers (Chaos)
  • Undercity Wraiths (Dark Elves)

Just pick whichever one.

Invite sent.

OJ, it's you and we're set.

bayonet_chris

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #36 on: March 18, 2022, 08:37:13 AM
In

bayonet_chris

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #37 on: March 19, 2022, 12:41:42 PM
Is there a Discord server to help coordinate schedules or even have a voice chat during a game?

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #38 on: March 19, 2022, 01:55:40 PM
Is there a Discord server to help coordinate schedules or even have a voice chat during a game?

I was wondering the same.

There is an ACD Discord channel that includes multiple gaming voice channels. But I don't know the best way to coordinate games.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Lead Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #39 on: March 19, 2022, 01:58:02 PM

I will create a dedicated channel in the game section for the blood bowl folks

done!
https://discord.com/channels/627628271668035598/954801015922778163/954801052539031612
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:02:01 PM by bayonetbrant »

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #40 on: March 19, 2022, 05:22:07 PM
Team: Prussian Punnishers
Coach: Woody Haymaker

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #41 on: March 19, 2022, 10:31:29 PM
Ticket sent.

Once OJ is in we can fire off week 1!

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #42 on: March 20, 2022, 08:56:21 AM
Ticket sent.

Once OJ is in we can fire off week 1!

Done

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #43 on: March 21, 2022, 10:28:12 PM
SCHEDULE IS LIVE.

GAMES ON.

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
Reply #44 on: March 22, 2022, 11:02:46 AM
The Norfolk Enchanters faced off against The Bessemer Process in their opening game of the season at home at 'The Pond'. The fans were roaring with excitement as the teams faced off in the coin flip and The Norfolk Enchanters chose to kick... a bold move. Though fans were wondering why the coach had chosen a lopsided defence which at first saw the dwarves take a solid advantage in the scuffle in midfield. The dwarves running the ball to the arguably weaker side of the humans defence.

Panic was on the faces as the humans scrambled up to their feet in order to try and form a defensive line waiting for thw dwarves to plough on through. However it seemed that most players were distracted with the tussle between the Ogre Barry Midland and a large steamroller which had found its way onto the field in the opening stages of the match. The Enchanters chances looked tentative as they awaited to be smashed.

By turn 3 Scott Sussex a junior lineman had manged to in the ruckus find himself in the backfield up against the Urlond carrying the ball trying to bully his way up to the line of scrimmage. But an expert block by Gordon Surrey caused a turnover and as well the humans a bit of breathing room as he followed through and hit Urland to his feet... the ball was loose as a mordheim, back alley, lady of the nights morals as the crowd rose to their feet as Gordon Surrey picked it up and began his run! Assisted only by the lineman Harry Hampshire sneaking through the gaps.

The dwarves looked frustred as their opening gambit devolved into a brawl as Grund Kulgar-Troll met his match against John Cambridgeshire a rookie catcher straight out of Jesus College as whoever he was praying to that moment saw Grund hit the dirt and an opening for Gorden Surrey to score the opening touchdown! Grund getting straight to his feet and giving John Cambridge a taste of his own medicine for a KO! Turn 5... Touchdown Gordon! The crowd goes wild and the ref wakes up and kicks the steamroller off the field!

Kickoff and the dwarven blitzer on the dwarves right squares up against James Suffolk and takes one right to the temple leaving an opening for an Enchanters counter attack. Joshua Buckinghamsire and Ben Cumberland running straight through the gap, leaving the dwarven long beard Urlond in the backfield sweating to pick up the ball! But not in enough time for Barry Midland to make mistake and miss a block and to fall on his arse leaving the human centre without their primary hitter. The centre looked like it was crumbling until Grund showed his frustration again charging after Joshua Buckinghamshire (the human thrower) to get a bloody nose in return... this Troll Slayer should have stayed at home! The crowd rose to their feet again to see Buckinghamshire run like a greyhoud out the trap as Urland thought better to try and tackle him... how right he was tripping up the thrower who had grown some legs! Before the half time whistle Koirin Drengi-Troll showing how a slayer really hits Ko'ing Peter Cornwall and Gordon Surrey proving one to watch as an all rounder headbutting Ulgar the blitzer to the ground.

HALF TIME

The Dwarves came out swinging as every player was placed on the line of scrimmage... the humans opting for another lopsided formation. Dodgey kick led to the ball being gingerly handed to Ben Cumberland. Urlond, obviuosly glad to be put nearer the front immediadly killing Douglas Wiltshire leaving the Enchanters shocked as they were now a blitzer down and the coach scratching his head saying he swore he remembered to hire atleast someone from st johns ambulance to tend to the injured!

A scuffle insued in the midfield as Barry Midland thought he was turning up to the national patter-cake competition leaving the coach scratching his head wondering why he chose him seeing him knocked to the ground! The onslaught from the dwarves relentless as ever... that is until the slayers tripped up over themselves past their own fervour leaving Ben Cumberland to find an opening to make a run the dwarves tripping up over themselves to catch him... TOUCHDOWN!

By turn 13 the sun was beating down upon the battlefield... i mean pitch! sweat dripping off the Norfolk Enchanters as they were thinking they would walk away with the win... only to see James Suffolk's head turn concave from a dwarven fist... another dead... another forlorn look from the coach as he realised without two blitzers this would be a rough season!

Luckily though Peter Cornwall had somehow snuck into the backfield when others werent looking to make it 3 -0... The players clapping one another on the back for a hard fought victory.