Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Brigandine The Legend of Runersia  (Read 3574 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: May 08, 2022, 04:35:39 AM
Holy crap.  This hit me out of nowhere (especially with it dropping next week already): 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1843940/Brigandine_The_Legend_of_Runersia/

It appears to be a more-or-less direct sequel to Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena, which was a fantasy strategy/RPG on the original Playstation.  I remember an acquaintance playing it on his PS1 over twenty years ago, and even though I didn't learn (or remember?) the game's title, it made an indelible impression on me.  I didn't fully realize it at the time, but it sparked an interest in fantasy-strategy games (to go alongside my already-burgeoning interest in space/sci-fi 4x games) that would only grow over time. 

Looks like the game has already been available on the Switch and PS4 for the last year or so, and now it's finally coming to PC (via Steam).  Dang.  I'm still in shock. 

Fingers crossed that it's at least halfway-decent.  Although if I'm being honest with myself, as long as it's not a train wreck, this one's going on my "must buy" list regardless.  :D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 04:11:06 PM
I've got this for PS4 and the game definitely rocks.  It's fairly deep but not overly complex. 
I highly recommend this game.  Keep in mind though that I'm a bit biased in that I loved Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena.

One final note: the Japanese voice overs is much more preferable to the English voice overs. 

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 03:38:28 AM
Appreciate the feedback, W8taminute!  That definitely gives me more confidence in this one.  Now I just have to hope they do a decent job with the PC port...  :peace: 

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 09:58:12 AM
You're welcome!  I hope they do a good job as well with the PC port.  I might even pick it up just to have this on PC.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 04:49:44 AM
Looks like the game is already available! 

Hmm, price is $33.99...and that's with an "early-purchase" 15% discount -- normal price is $40.00.  I'm sure that's less than the price for what it costs on the PS4, but it still feels slightly steep for a light fantasy strategy game. 

Well, there's no harm in waiting a while before grabbing this.  I'll be getting a more polished product whenever I do so, and both Old World and Stellaris: Overlord are coming out in the next couple weeks anyway -- it's not like I won't be occupied in the meantime.  :) 

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 08:50:35 AM
Martok I would indeed wait for a better sale price.  I paid about 40 dollars for the PS4 version when it first came out.  It's worth the price of admission but now that it's been out for a while and available on PC they should have offered it at a little lower price.  But that's just me being stingy.  Haha!

I'm gonna wishlist this on Steam and wait.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 08:59:27 PM
Thanks again for the input, W8taminute.  Glad to know I'm not the only one who's stingy.  ;)