Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Saturday Night Fights - C&C Napoleonics!  (Read 20880 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 06:11:28 PM
As long as they were only yours that you were deflating...........

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 09:24:41 PM

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 09:37:20 PM
I must admit, I assumed I could see it as a moderator, but didn't realise that everyone could see it.

We can't. You can see your own on your own posts, but if you aren't a moderator you can't see other's IP addresses.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 09:42:42 PM
Ummmmmm, there is a workshop C&C Napoleonics on Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409840330&searchtext=federation+command

Oh there's a better one than that with all the pieces.  It's where I swiped the cards and markers from.

Why play with blocks when you can have soldiers?

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #34 on: December 31, 2019, 08:11:37 AM
Just read the latest on this and will migrate over to the alternate location for next comments. Cyrano says there's a better link than the one ojsdad provided but... where is it???

Cheers,
Mike

I started with nothing and still have most of it left

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #35 on: December 31, 2019, 11:42:24 AM
As to the OT:  I've got three instructional videos up on my YouTube channel for your enjoyment.

This is the first and it will get you proximate to the other two.  Unsurprisingly, it deals heavily in Napoleonics.

And, yes, let's also plan to meet...please...

My prayers are answered! Not only step-by-step clear instructions on what to do but the raw materials for almost everything I want. I've only looked at the first half of Parte the firste but I can see I shall have pretty well all I need for now. Thank you Cyrano and all the guys who produced the originals of this stuff.

Forgive me, but I wish to check out the accuracy of the Spanish uniforms carefully. Spanish Napoleonic uniforms represent a challenging area of study - even the Spanish historians agree about that. If anyone is interested, I'll bore you silly with explanations, reasons, speculations and much more. However, I have done considerable research and believe I have a pretty sound database. I should also be able to let you know which regiments fought at which battles in the PW and their strengths & commanding officers at the time; this is from a database produced by a retired Spanish Colonel who was given the task of identifying every regiment involved in the PW - Spanish, French, Portuguese and British. He is a fellow member of the Forum for Spanish Military History Studies and his work has taken him many years and is on-going.

Once I'm comfortable with that, I'll start preparing orders of battle and scenarios for all the PW battles. I have spoken to Richard Borg about some of his C&C:N scenarios and he confirms there is likely to be plenty wrong with them. His main objective was balance and a challenging game rather than historically accurate representations. What I hope to do is provide scenarios that meet Richard's intended objective and offer historically (shall we say) "justifiable" details. As I get these done, I'll find a way of making them available to all Armchair Dragoons - with help on how to achieve that from Cyrano, hopefully.

Onwards and Upwards - and thanks again Cyrano.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #36 on: December 31, 2019, 11:48:23 AM
Glad they are of use to you!

Re: the units, yes, unless you're willing and able to take digital brush in hand, you must make well do This is even worse in the 1809 campaign as there's little with casques much less actual Bavarian troops and flags.  In this, I see myself in the footsteps of a Featherstone.  Same problem for bicornes in the 1805 campaign, &c.

And this is the C&C set from which I took all my pieces:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436746732

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #37 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
SQUARE BUTTONS!

(except for Vance)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 02:48:04 PM
I'm not averse to a little graphic manipulation (Paint Shop Pro preferred) and can hopefully tackle the necessary modifications and additions. It was the great Mr F that got me into miniatures wargaming via his books and a phone call where he told me the contact details for the club I joined in return for a subscription to "The Wargamer". I devoured every copy and still have all of them in store, together with his books.

I'll try to make the Bavarians one of my first artistic attempts as a thank you (although you'd better wait until you see them!) for letting me access your files. I'm now taking a half-hour off New Years Eve celebrations to look at the rest of your videos.

Have a good New Year (When it comes to you!)

Cheers,
Mike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #39 on: December 31, 2019, 03:13:07 PM
We'll be well oiled and dragged of to bed before most of these boys get to 2020........  ;D

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #40 on: January 01, 2020, 04:50:01 AM
I've just had a thought (don't collapse - it doesn't happen that often). The figures are 3D constructs and I may need to use a graphics application that allows me to tackle that aspect.

I own something called "Poser" (no nasty remarks, please) which I hope will work but it's been a LONG time since I used it. Ah, well, as I've discovered the hard way, nothing is ever simple.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #41 on: January 01, 2020, 05:57:40 AM
I've just had a thought (don't collapse - it doesn't happen that often). The figures are 3D constructs and I may need to use a graphics application that allows me to tackle that aspect.

I own something called "Poser" (no nasty remarks, please) which I hope will work but it's been a LONG time since I used it. Ah, well, as I've discovered the hard way, nothing is ever simple.

We usually only go as far as sarcastic................. ;) ;D

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #42 on: January 01, 2020, 06:43:59 AM
And "sarcastic" isn't "nasty"? I'll have to remember that next time I find myself being sarcastic when I want to be nasty  :whistle:

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 06:50:07 AM
Welcome about Mike.  There can never be too many Mike's around.

I do know that Cyrano uses the Flex Table.  You can find that in the Steam Workshop.

You're dead right - although it can get confusing sometimes  :-\

I'll check out the "Flex Table" at some point today; first, I've got to make sure I can access everything else so I can play around with the figures in my graphics software.

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #44 on: January 01, 2020, 03:58:20 PM
Glad they are of use to you!

Re: the units, yes, unless you're willing and able to take digital brush in hand, you must make well do This is even worse in the 1809 campaign as there's little with casques much less actual Bavarian troops and flags.  In this, I see myself in the footsteps of a Featherstone.  Same problem for bicornes in the 1805 campaign, &c.

And this is the C&C set from which I took all my pieces:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436746732

OK, I've visited this link but could find no way to locate or access the files about which you speak. This is almost certainly because I find STEAM incredibly difficult to navigate. There seems to be no logic as to how it is organised and the whole thing is not in the least intuitive. I'm sorry to be such a pest about this but time is passing and I appear to be getting nowhere. I'm not even 100% sure my version of TTS is working properly. How do I get to the Flex Table when it doesn't even seem to exist in my version of TTS - or have I missed some vital step in the load or installation?

Your help would be much appreciated.