Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: CKII – a noob discovers Crusader Kings 2  (Read 9322 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 03:12:21 PM
The think to do, is not to be afraid to restart several times, learning something new each time.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 07:13:37 PM
Which is great advice - or you could just go with the hand fate deals - barring a military disaster you can recover from most things - I once modelled my firstborn with all the right decisions, he inherited his fathers martial skills and his mothers spy skills - he would have been an Italian Henry 5th - when he was 9 my chancellor threw him out of the window to his death

I cried, I laughed - great game

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 07:21:13 PM
I was talking strictly while learning the game.  there is a lot to learn.  Also matters what kind of game your playing.  King vs vassal.  Republic vs kingdom.  Do you want to marry your way to power and or conquest.  The bigger your empire gets, the harder it is to keep everyone happy. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 09:53:39 AM
Totally agree

chemkid

Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 03:13:39 PM
oh boy, lots to learn - alright! :D (i MUST say: i do enjoy a splendid wedding to some foreign princess and all but nothing can beat a baptism for my firstborn son by the one and only POPE, this is AWESOME!)

chemkid

Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 01:01:56 PM
hi there - little update (i'm enjoying this game very much!):  :)

i'm still into my first tutorial with Castile as ... ahhh, you know him alright! ok, i wanted to recommend this ck2 tutorial even when it's not much liked by the paradox community. BUT, when everything went smooth and fair with my war in the Canaries and the hints dropped to kill off my siblings... alright easy going. i even had some non-tutorial fun with some awkward vassal - i made him my court clown and after that i killed him... ahhh, now i have a kill list of 4!!! wow! fun fun! BUT: suddenly the tutorial was finished and 'now i know everything and please keep on playing' - haha... the ai/tutorial left me with 2 holy wars at my door and lots of other mess to clean up! not nice!

fun fun times!  ;D (true, really!!!)

with that... i'm off, still feeling tired from a long cycle ride today... let's have a cold one and check out my court and vassals...

cheers!
(oh, and the steam summer sale is up... not?!)  8)

chem!

ps: @undercovergeek - of course, this time i used the mercenaries(fleets only) for my war overseas... alright, good job!  :bigthumb:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:05:55 PM by chemkid »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 08:08:43 PM
Excellent - it took me a good while to realise you could raise merc navy fleets and helped greatly with the Parma invasion of Barcelona and eastern Spain

chemkid

Reply #22 on: July 05, 2020, 02:49:07 PM
hi all.  :peace:

i'm into a very relaxed affair as king Murchard of Mumu who should be ambitious enough to go for the throne to become king of Ireland.
for a few days now i'm trying to make progress while learning the ins and outs without the help of that 'friendly' tutorial AI...
ahhh, ignorance is bliss! i wouldn't give my horse and my castle for that ironman mode - i rather play along and revert my mistakes by reloading older saves.  8)

i also wish i was into creative writing. just from my 'time travelers' perspective this game is pure gold - a part of my prologue would read something like this:

Ye Chymist Childe his Life and Travells Bet’n ye yeares 769 and 1453:
Of Whither He Voyag’d, Where He Stay’d, Whom He Sawe, and What He Learnt.

magic, right?!  :nerd:
so long folks, enjoy your sunny sunday evening.

beers!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:25:58 AM by chemkid »

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 05:03:34 AM
Very cool, chemkid!  Keep us posted. 

I will always be too much of a pansy to play ironman mode, in any game.  :whew: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 02:53:57 PM

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 06:11:10 PM
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:13:47 PM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 06:23:50 PM
 ;D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

chemkid

Reply #27 on: March 06, 2021, 01:20:18 PM
 :bigthumb: