Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Warhammer II  (Read 15291 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: December 04, 2020, 05:34:56 AM
With all the other gaming news, I almost forgot about The Twisted & The Twilight DLC coming out, alongside (more importantly IMO) the rework for the Wood Elves. 

While I admittedly have little desire to grab the DLC, I am looking forward to checking out the Wood Elves once the inevitable kinks from the latest update are worked out.  It sounds like they'll be an actually viable way to play tall, something I very much appreciate in strategy games (and wish we'd see more of).  Anyone else been playing WH2 lately, or planning to? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 06:45:37 AM
I just bought the tomb kings one - waiting for a chance to sit down with it and maybe try an aar

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:43 PM
Sweet.  :bigthumb:  Any idea if you're playing  Settra, or one of the other TK legendary lords? 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 07:07:08 PM
Arkhan the black - he’s who I would have painted in ye olden days

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 02:07:33 AM
Ha, nice. 

Not sure why, but lately both the Dark Elves and (especially) Vampire Counts have been calling to me.  Might have to take one of the von Carstein's out for a spin. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 02:20:08 PM
Excellent - there is so much diversity in the game I could  but I won’t not play anything else

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 05:53:41 PM
On a different note, I find it interesting that the new update removes the difficulty rating for the various Legendary Lords.  I can't help but wonder why. 

Was it because the difficulty ratings were judged grossly inaccurate (especially after all the years of updates that changed game balance)?  Was it so as to not discourage players (especially newer ones) from choosing a Lord that sounded like fun, but maybe had a "harder" campaign?  I think I like the change, but I'm curious as to the reasoning behind it. 

Excellent - there is so much diversity in the game I could  but I won’t not play anything else

Heh, I know the feeling.  Appealing as the other races/factions are, I still want to play as the Empire or Dwarfs every time.  :D 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 03:07:00 AM
Just in time for the holidays, an opt-in beta update (the "Asrai Resurgent") is now available: 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-asrai-resurgent-update-opt-in-beta/

It appears to be a pretty solid list.  Naturally, most of the changes & improvements focus on the Wood Elves, including addressing issues with the Twisted & the Twilight DLC. 

(Of course, I've started up a campaign as Vlad... ;D

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 04:37:56 PM
A small patch dropped today.  Still no word on when the next (last) DLC is coming... 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-patch-1-11-1/

This is a small interim patch to address a handful of issues.

*  Giant Wolves are no longer missing from Drycha’s Wild Spirits pool
    *  Rakarth’s Whip no longer jumps back to it’s original location when he is selected
    *  kaven victory conditions have been tweaked to accommodate the changes to Skaven Corruption
    *  Black Dragons no longer use mismatched textures
   *  Condemned Lizardmen armies no longer gain Blood Voyage buffs
    *  Lohkir’s unique Black Ark no longer increases Supply Lines.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 09:07:36 PM
I saw this update a few days ago but I fell into a play through of Batman Arkham Asylum. Now that I have defeat the Joker's evil plans for Gotham and Batman, I can hopefully redirect my attention back to playing my Lizardman campaign.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 11:54:26 PM
I don't if anyone here has watched any of Cody's "noob's guides", but they're pretty funny (and actually somewhat informative to boot).  This guide for Isabella Von Carstein is his latest, and I think it's one of my favorites so far.  8)   

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 04:29:18 PM
The game's final DLC, The Silence and the Fury, has been announced!  Looks like the Beastmen and Lizardmen fans will finally get the love they've been so desperately craving... 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556110/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Silence__The_Fury/

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 02:06:08 PM
The trailer itself isn't anything special:  It's just an overview of all the free content that's been added to Warhammer II over the years. 

At the end of the trailer, however, it mentions that a new FLC Legendary Lord and unit are coming...and new reinforcements?  I'm curious to see what CA means by that. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 05:00:40 PM
New blog info, a trailer, and a reveal stream video for The Silence and The Fury DLC: 

The following nuggets from the newest blog entry is what particularly caught my attention: 

There is also the massive free update coming at the same time which includes a number of elements you’ll learn more about below and over the next 24 hours.

...There will be two major parts of the free patch that lands with the DLC – updates for the Beastmen… and smaller but still significant changes to one more faction you’ll find out about tomorrow.

...We’ll see you back here tomorrow, when we’ll talk about a new Dwarf legendary lord, mercenary reinforcements, and a new Beastmen lord.

Okay -- *now* I'm excited.  :D 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:31:16 PM by Martok »

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 10:15:47 PM
Giggity!  So it turns out the new FLC Legendary Lord is Thorek Ironbrow: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1576390/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Thorek_Ironbrow/

Looks like his specialty is runes, and will especially benefit from the rework to rune magic in the upcoming patch.  (The Dwarfs are essentially getting their own Lore of Magic.)  Also notable in that he heads an "expedition", and that his starting position appears to be in Lustira -- sort of the Dawi equivalent of Wulfhart (although Thorek will probably be battling Skaven more than Lizardmen). 

Cody Bonds gives a tongue-in-cheek (though still informative) overview of Lord Ironbrow, with Italian Spartacus taking a bit more serious look at the first few turns of his campaign. 

I'm definitely looking forward to taking him out for a spin.  :D 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:52:59 AM by Martok »