Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Lasallle 2 Spoiler Thread  (Read 4855 times)

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
on: February 13, 2021, 08:06:45 AM
LASALLE 2 SPOILERS AHEAD. If you'd rather not know how pretty darn cool this ruleset is, do not read further.

Ok, so I wanted to post this to discuss the rules piecemeal as we all go through them. So far, I'm enamored by them. Its a really solid set of rules. I just need to get it on the virtual or real table to play it out in full.

Thoughts so far? Anyone? I'm only about 1/3 of the way through so far. Trying to go slowly reading them through. The variance in the orders phase and how it factors in with MO and the general, in particular, is brilliant. The skirmishing resulting total "hit"  comparison is also quite unique as used for MO bump. I'm sure rules such as some of these have been done before, but this is overall packaged very well, from a rules sense.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 08:24:38 AM by PeterRobbins »

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 08:53:57 AM
Have got a number of friends who are intrigued with this rule set.
However, they never seem to actually play a game.
Please put up your experiences and any AARs you can.  Would like to hear these.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Dalinore

• Trooper
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 10:10:11 AM
Yeah I am very curious about the rules and know Cyrano will have us do it SNF, so  gonna purchase them myself today. Cant wait to see how the rule set works.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 10:11:16 AM
Played twice already in the SNF.

Lovely system. I can see it working so well for the Peninsula campaigns.