Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: A miniature journey through Middle Earth  (Read 29675 times)

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 09:46:20 PM
^Poor, poor Elsa. Not a lucky name it seems for either wild boar or lionesses.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 01:37:41 AM
Was this one of your commission works UCG?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/28/hey-thats-mine-naked-mans-wild-boar-chase-immortalised-in-plastic

I just saw that on Reddit today.  I didn't even know about the original photo until now.  Bizarre. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #19 on: August 04, 2021, 08:57:14 AM
............Shelob

Last night she ate 5 Elves but then got stabbed by Gil Galad - really must remember to take photos at the club

Funny story about our little lady here - she comes in 13 parts, 2 body halves, 2 pincers, a head and 8 legs - no instructions, no idea what leg goes where - now, after many a comparison pic im sure ive got all the legs in the right holes - but because shes metal theyre not exact fits - so ive put some green stuff into the holes and molded joints - i dont know whether its heat, glue, melting greenstuff, some weird resin but underneath shes kind of leaking this clear liquid, it gathers in pools round 4 joints - weird as hell but looks great on the table, like shes actually oozing venom.

So thats 18 Morgul knights, 3 heroes and a big ass spider

But thats two evil armies you say.............. the forces of good need some representing..........

It doesnt get purer than Rivendell, and it doesnt get more in your face than Rivendell knights - the can hit you from 24 inch on a roll of 3, before they close in and hit you with lances

With Elrond leading the pack, the bow limit on the army is cancelled - which would be only 33% of the force as bowmen but with the big fella in charge we know have 18 archers hitting on 3s before the enemy come near

Also leading 6 Rivendell knights will be Glorfindel - the finest Elven fighter there has ever been

I need 12 more knights to complete this army and a Legolas mounted and dismounted

So far then - 1000 points of Angmar - just need to buy and paint 8 warg riders and probably 8 wargs for dismounts
                     - 800 points of Mordor - just need to paint 12 Morgul knights and 8 dismounted knights
                     - 800 points of Rivendell - just need to buy and paint 12 knights and Legolas

But i do love monsters most of all so..........

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #20 on: August 04, 2021, 09:02:45 AM
You need a hobb...    oh.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #21 on: August 04, 2021, 09:09:15 AM
Heh heh I know - however a recent eBay search puts a 1000pt painted angmar army at 600 pounds and it didn’t cost anywhere near that 🤔🤔

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #22 on: August 04, 2021, 09:20:16 AM
The problem with eating elves is that 5 minutes later, you're hungry again..........

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #23 on: August 04, 2021, 09:54:09 AM
The problem with eating elves is that 5 minutes later, you're hungry again..........

I'll defer to your culinary experience...   :nerd:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 11:02:31 AM
Who said anything about cooking them?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 12:17:35 PM
 ;D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 02:26:00 PM
Funny story about our little lady here - she comes in 13 parts, 2 body halves, 2 pincers, a head and 8 legs - no instructions, no idea what leg goes where - now, after many a comparison pic im sure ive got all the legs in the right holes - but because shes metal theyre not exact fits - so ive put some green stuff into the holes and molded joints - i dont know whether its heat, glue, melting greenstuff, some weird resin but underneath shes kind of leaking this clear liquid, it gathers in pools round 4 joints - weird as hell but looks great on the table, like shes actually oozing venom.

Ya' know, I'm glad I'm not baching it this month with no one here to protect me from the crawling horrors except a sketchy cat.

Oh, wait....

Thanks.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #27 on: August 04, 2021, 07:23:45 PM
Not gonna lie:  That pic of Shelob had me involuntarily scoot my chair back a bit.  You did almost too good a job on her.  :P 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #28 on: August 04, 2021, 08:13:55 PM
Those elves look great and the spider, like Martok said, looks too good.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #29 on: August 22, 2021, 07:11:16 PM
.........so, baddies and monsters - id probably have more good armies but they have no capacity to take monsters, they can take game winning heroes and in all honesty will probably kick the ass of my monsters off the board - but..... monsters

Apart from Angmar, the most monstery army of all is Azogs legion, save maybe an all cave troll army, but thats just silly  ???

So, Azogs legion -

The beserkers - in my 800 point army, there will be 15 of these, 12 are in the post - they have a almost keeping up with a horse movement of 8 and 2 attacks, plus if they get killed, on a roll of 6 they shrug off the wound and carry on

The trolls - there are three to choose from, a troll with scythes, a troll with crushing club, and the troll brute - if youve seen the hobbit hes the all white one with scythes for feet and flails for hands been steered by his eye sockets (quite frikking dark and horrific really) - hes in the post too

how big and awesome are they? Heres a berserker next to him

and the man himself - Azog the Despoiler on The White Warg

So for a complete Azog army at 800, im waiting for 12 more berserkers, an orc captain, 2 ogres and the troll brute - my opponent fears azog the most, as mentioned earlier the secret to winning the game is knowing when to spend the all important might to call heroic actions, Azogs special ability is that when you call a heroic action he gets the same action for free, then you just roll off to see who goes first - so normally most top tier heroes will have 3 might and will spend these on either heroic actions or increasing failed dice rolls - Azog starts with 3, gets an extra 3 as long as hes on the warg and doesnt need to spend any might on actions if youre going to call the ones he wants to

As an aside, a chance conversation with a chap on ebay led to an unexpected offer of £200 for all the Morgul knights (£75), so theyve been sold and packed off - it leaves shelob whos for sale, the mouth on horse i threw in for free and the dark marshal who ill post on sale tomorrow

I realised (not like enough of us here!!) i had too much - so now im narrowed down to 1000 pts of Angmar, 800 points of Rivendell, 800 points of Azog - ive given up on the camel mounted Far Harad and Serpent Horde for the same reason - enough is enough

Well, enough was enough and then the dirty GW bastards announced this at the weekend

wankers