Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Minis rules suggestions for WW2: Platoon = Stand scale  (Read 2624 times)

Navaronegun

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
    • LENS OF HISTORY: THEY AREN'T WARGAMES…THEY'RE TIME MACHINES
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments regarding any rulesets out there?  Is Command Decision: Test of Battle as good as the old Command Decision was?  Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance,

Pat

We use Wagner! My boys love it!

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 12:53:15 AM
I've never played Command Decision: Test of Battle; however, with Frank Chadwick as one of the designers, I'm sure it is good. I have played Flames of War. I think that scale equals what you are seeking. FoW is a fast playing game and probably lacks some of the features you are seeking. Some would suggest FoW is designed to sell their miniatures; however, way back in 2007, almost to the day, Glenn Kidd, (who is the co-designer of CDTOB), wrote a nice blog post about Flames of War. I'm sure much has changed about FoW since 2007 and I was still pleasantly surprised to find these kind word by Mr. Kidd.

I remember hearing good things about Spearhead by Arty Conliffe; however, I'm not sure if the game is still supported, nor how easy it would be to get a set of rules.

I'm not being very helpful...   ;D

Navaronegun

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
    • LENS OF HISTORY: THEY AREN'T WARGAMES…THEY'RE TIME MACHINES
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 04:47:21 PM
Thanks, Tolstoi.  After many, many investigations, everything fell apart at the "Accessibility to players electronically who are online" caveat I had.

See the below post after much investigation for my solution. :)

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=3502.0

We use Wagner! My boys love it!