Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Kudos to game developers everywhere  (Read 3154 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: June 27, 2023, 11:42:11 AM
Just going thru my daily check of my wishlist, currently 19 games - passing thru the discussion forums of each game and i have to doff my cap to the patient developers who on a daily basis have to put up with crap like 'game is in development hell - will never make it', 'scrapped - no updates', 'give us the demo' and much much worse

and in every single case whether its a big developer or some poor guy struggling on his own its always 'im trying my best, well get there when we can, blah blah blah'

personally id be 'congrats USERXXX your name has been passed to steam and you wont be able to buy it you angry little asshole'

so, im tipping my glass to developers everywhere that face the entitled wanky mewlngs everyday of people that demand a game right now - im holding back on ranting, because well, i discovered the recipe for homemade old fashioneds and im a little battered

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 11:51:26 AM
'Tis a grand time to be a Gamer.  :rockon:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 04:50:02 PM
Yeah. All this entitlement stuff gets a bit tiresome.

I have a game on Gamefound which is months over schedule...but I'll get it when it's ready. I understand some people moaning in that situation because they've paid their money. But still...it is coming and although I would say updates would be welcome by most people, it wouldn't satisfy them all...you'd still get the entitled bunch that want it yesterday.

Moaning about a game that isn't ready that you haven't paid for - don't get it really.

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 07:35:52 AM
That's an excellent point, JD, re: Gamefound. Though even if you DO spend money on it, it still doesn't justify some of the vitriol that a lot of people spit out in the comments section, there, when a game is delayed or has issues.

More often than not, stuff happens and it gets delayed, and I can almost sense the hesitation when a dev announces that in an update...like they're cringing just waiting for the backlash. Well, some of them, anyway. It's no big deal to me, now. I used to not at all understand how the hell people could get into a crowdfunding game and spend money months upon months before it gets even produced overseas. P500s made sense to me because you wouldn't get charged until the thing was getting ready to ship to you; at least then, you only had to wait a few weeks. Even with something like the Mr. President game which just came out, I backed it on P500 about six years ago, but I didn't have to pay for it. Even then, people moaning about how long it was taking was kind of confusing to me.

I get it with regards to Gamefound or Kickstarter or whatever, but I've never seen a dev ghost a game on either platform. I had one that I backed that the devs decided they couldn't move forward with it (Kingdom Come: Deliverance The Board Game), so they cancelled the project and refunded everyone. But that was the only time a game I backed didn't get completed. I'm sure others have had experiences with games that have been ghosted or money lost; I'm just lucky I suppose in not having experienced that.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

beatrixmartin

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 05:19:52 AM
Who plays with me? Together we become masters  ;D ;D ;D

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 06:38:24 AM
I get it with regards to Gamefound or Kickstarter or whatever, but I've never seen a dev ghost a game on either platform.

well, now we know who didn't back the "Up Front" reprint!  :whistle:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love