Author Topic: MtG  (Read 17862 times)

Metaldog

• Lancer
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #180 on: April 22, 2021, 08:33:53 PM
Having created your own studio audience makes the stories that much better  ;)

Lots of maps is a good thing - Panzerde

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #181 on: May 05, 2021, 09:15:40 PM
"I Need to Explain to You Just How Dire America's Pokémon Card Crisis Is"
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv9a9/pokemon-cards-psa-cgc-bgs-turnaround-times

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #182 on: May 06, 2021, 12:34:50 PM
"I Need to Explain to You Just How Dire America's Pokémon Card Crisis Is"
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv9a9/pokemon-cards-psa-cgc-bgs-turnaround-times

People be on drugs paying 300k for a stupid card.  ;D

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #183 on: May 06, 2021, 12:45:16 PM
People be on drugs paying 300k for a stupid card.  ;D

people paying $300k for one can afford to be on drugs

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #184 on: May 06, 2021, 05:55:29 PM

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #185 on: May 07, 2021, 05:05:30 PM
I was in Target the other day and there was a sign up stating Pokemon cards and other Sports related collectable cards are only available for sale at 8 am on Fridays in limited quantities for each customer. Fortunately for me, I just want a pack of plain o' MtG crack and was good to go on a Thursday evening.

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #186 on: May 16, 2021, 11:32:27 AM
I have a stack o' cardboard to upgrade and change up my two cubes but I am finding I have a total lack of safe table space in the house. Cats, kids, wife...I think I have been unofficially relegated to the walk-in closet. :( 

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #187 on: May 16, 2021, 12:22:49 PM
Basement? Convertible loft space? Nice big garden shed?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #188 on: May 16, 2021, 05:15:07 PM
The walk-in closet isn't horrible. I can fit my table and chair and have a shelf for piles o' stuff. Biggest downside is it's hot and has no plug-in for a lamp or fan. So the wife get to live with an extension cord running across the bathroom and my incessant complaining about the heat and lack of air flow.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #189 on: May 16, 2021, 05:42:59 PM
I was in Target the other day and there was a sign up stating Pokemon cards and other Sports related collectable cards are only available for sale at 8 am on Fridays in limited quantities for each customer. Fortunately for me, I just want a pack of plain o' MtG crack and was good to go on a Thursday evening.

I saw some news stories on this, that people were fighting over cards. Specifically, sports cards. One case in particular where a guy got ganged up on by several others, so he pulled out a gun. Nobody was shot thank goodness, but Target decided to err on the side of caution.

https://www.startribune.com/with-demand-hot-target-halts-sales-of-trading-cards-in-stores-after-customers-fight-in-wisconsin/600057235/

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #190 on: May 16, 2021, 05:49:16 PM
More than anything I think it's an unfortunate side effect of locking down society and social interactions for more than a year.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #191 on: July 01, 2021, 10:56:29 AM

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

Metaldog

• Lancer
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #192 on: July 01, 2021, 08:07:01 PM
I just had to buy a new dishwasher AND tires, so, I think I can forgo this.  I love that they included that Cases (if you should so wish to order), contain six Gift Bundles.  Having said that, I am looking forward to see how they use the Forgotten Realms setting.  After The Known World (BECMI), FR is my favorite setting.  I am disappointed, but not surprised, that they seem to be leaning on Drizz't and crew.  With the release of the new Baldur's Gate 3, featuring the same characters, the tie in is on purpose.  It's not that I don't like the story, I enjoyed all three books when they were published.  I was reading everything TSR was putting out at the time.  I just didn't find it interesting enough, to me (and I have certainly been proven wrong with the huge popularity of Drizz't), for it to get that popular.  In any case, I truly hope the new set is killer.  It'll make it that much more fun to play.  :bigthumb:

Lots of maps is a good thing - Panzerde

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #193 on: August 05, 2021, 01:31:12 PM
Well the kids and I are going to give some cards from the new forgotten realms set a go. While I was initially skeptical I actually like the cards so far and the old school module art cards are awesome.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #194 on: August 05, 2021, 02:49:53 PM
I'll be interested to hear how that goes  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'