Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Submarine density and other, perhaps, interresting WW2 naval ASW facts  (Read 4478 times)

Agragor

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
Hi all!

Just happened to find this while browsing the internet of information regarding to atlantic convoys during WW2. Someone else might find it interresting too. So, without further ado...

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/rep/ASW-51/index.html#contents

(Those interrested particularly in submarine density can jump to chapter 9 directly. BTW, I use the term "submarine density" as a joke as I never had heard/read the term before seeing this document)

"If." - The Spartans

GROGnadsUSA

Hoi, and had you ever heard for some comparisons about the K.M.S.'U-Boots' or 'Commerce Raiders Conversion Transport' having the 'Best Kill Per Vessel Ratio'? I have with them 'Commerce'-types being accorded overall 'Best' at this! I do believe there were ONLY '10' for the latter, so, sure it's somewhat 'skewed' towards thus.

EDIT: located a 'Model Kit' of this purported "Q"--Ship sort. Not certain if any others existed?-('Model Kits')
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:40:18 PM by GROGnadsUSA »

besilarius

• Corporal
Recall made an Atlantis German raider, oh must have been in the sixties.
As I recall, there was a movie on the Atlantis starring Van Heflin?  The kit may have been some kind of tie in to the movie.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.