Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Holland '44 Manual  (Read 2936 times)

judgedredd

on: September 10, 2020, 05:19:16 PM
I am very likely to ruin this manual by thumbing through it so much. Pretty much every move or attack I make, I'm going to the rule book for clarity.

It's not that they're over complicated - though they are complicated - I just can't remember all the specifics..and there are quite a few specifics.

It is only the German phase of Turn 2 though...so maybe after another couple of turns there'll be less need to look through the rules

Thank god there's a half decent index!  :bigthumb:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:31:16 PM
I usually download and print a copy of the rules and put them in a binder in plastic sleeves, and leave the printed rule book in the box.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 05:38:59 PM
With the price gouging on ink refills for inkjet printers, I've been using my iPad for the rules when I don't use the actual manual.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 05:46:47 PM
I did try that with my Kindle, but I really prefer a hard-copy.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:51:26 PM
I also download and print the rules.  That also helps ensure that I have the latest version.

For ASL, I've gone digital.  The Starter Kit rules are now free on the MMP website.  This past summer I bought a new scanner, and scanned the ASL rules in.  The scanner also does OCR, so my rules are searchable, which is very nice.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 05:56:14 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do prefer an actual manual over digital stuff. But sometimes it is easier to search a pdf on the iPad.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 06:12:10 AM
I did try that with my Kindle, but I really prefer a hard-copy.
Yep...can't be doing digital reading when I'm on a PC all day reading for work!

judgedredd

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 06:12:31 AM
I usually download and print a copy of the rules and put them in a binder in plastic sleeves, and leave the printed rule book in the box.
That's not half a bad idea. :bigthumb:

judgedredd

Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 06:13:39 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do prefer an actual manual over digital stuff. But sometimes it is easier to search a pdf on the iPad.
That is also true - searching on digital media is much easier than a physical manual.