Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Holding a "Falkthru" on Saturday, Noon to 4PM Eastern  (Read 3513 times)

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
on: February 14, 2021, 01:01:01 PM
I thought anyone interested in Professional Wargaming as a topic may be interested in a "Falkthru" I'm holding this Saturday,  February 20th, NOON to 4PM Eastern US time zone.

We'll be using Simplot2 and the Harpoon 5 ruleset as a guideline to talk through variant approaches to the Argentine forces attacking the British Carrier Task Group and its supporting subsurface task group. It is based upon the Lombardo's Trident scenario in the Harpoon accessory: South Atlantic War II. We'll be running it very loosely, and what-if-ish. No previous Harpoon knowledge necessary. We'll be talking through most sequences. Consider this Falkthru as a partially blinded naval kriegsspiel, but speeding up turns considerably based upon standing orders. We'll meet at the Harpoon 5 MP Discord Server which is found over here: https://discord.gg/t7pekGk

I've invited John Curry who has written a recent wargaming book called Confrontation In The Falklands! (1982), which I recommend. I have not received confirmation of attendance, but I'm hoping he will at least provide an after the fact analysis of our Falkthru.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 01:11:07 PM
Are you okay with us spreading this around to other channels?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 04:30:47 PM
Absolutely, you are more than welcome to spread the word. Again, no Harpoon 5 or Harpoon general knowledge necessary. It will be purely an "informed by some of our Harpoon 5 knowing attendees knowledge" Talk Thru style event. I'll provide some semi-blinded standing orders opportunities throughout (for anyone that wants to jump in the pool to that level) but I think anyone with a general interest in the conflict and the variables involved for both Naval and Air forces, would enjoy the conversation and walk thru.

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 05:04:38 PM
I've added a description page here https://lairoflubidius.blogspot.com/2021/02/falkthru-details-talkthru-of-initial.html in case folks you mention it to want to know more particulars.