Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Game of War wtih Paddy Griffith & Iain Dickie  (Read 2948 times)

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
on: February 20, 2022, 11:55:02 AM
I stumbled across these two videos while trying to find information about Paddy Griffith. I had never heard of this program before now. There were only three episodes made in 1997, of which I can only find two episodes. The episodes were about the battles of Balaklava, Naseby and Waterloo. From what I can tell, they were broadcast in that order. I can only find the episodes of Naseby and Waterloo. I don't find them as entertaining as the Tyne Tees Battleground series with Mr. Woodward. The real treat is getting to see Paddy Griffith in action.

Episode 2 - Battle of Naseby

Episode 3 - Battle of Waterloo

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 09:30:44 PM
Cool!  8)

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 03:49:09 AM
Very pleasing show nowadays with that slight nostalgic touch.

It was considered a bust and if I recall right it was just 3 episodes aired. We find it entertaining now but apparently back when they were made public it did not fill neither the gamer nor the non gamer audiences - one of the big issues with the gamers community was "wtf is that dude doing with the big dice, he's just making stuff up". In truth that format is a quick reflection of Griffith's quick tacspiel games but the TV show does not make justice.

Time Commanders was more popular because it brought "normal" people into the stage.