Author Topic: Ships!  (Read 130302 times)

Sir Slash

• Corporal
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1455 on: October 10, 2021, 12:00:33 AM
Prince Namor of course. He hates subs. And the Human Torch.  :biggrin:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

besilarius

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1456 on: October 10, 2021, 10:18:35 AM
This is getting rather interesting.  By now, it would have been announced if it was a merchant ship or an uncharted physical object.  It is barely possible it might be something like a slowly sinking object that was struck.  (Buoys, for example, are made to float.  If it broke its chain and sprung a tiny leak.  But it's a huge ocean.)
I think the only logical choices would be another submarine, of unannounced nationality.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #1457 on: October 10, 2021, 10:24:25 AM
Or the Chinese had a gigantic amount of leftover sand or rock from one of their island building adventures and decided to secretly dump it in a tall pile where it might fuck with someone else's navy.

All in the spirit of harmless fun, of course.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2021, 03:35:23 PM
So you're suggesting that they trolled us by building a seamount?

By the rule that a practical joke has to cost the joker some significant effort, that would be a pretty good one.

Has anyone seen any pictures of the damage?

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

besilarius

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1459 on: October 14, 2021, 11:04:03 AM

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.