Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Fields of Fire  (Read 5274 times)

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
+1  :bigthumb:

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

judgedredd

Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 08:56:52 AM
Re my advancing unit - apparently I've just heard you can't use a fire team to scout ahead on a Potential Contact card  :Loser:

judgedredd

Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 06:46:49 AM
Guess what - I am actually thinking about buying card sleeves for this game. There is alot of card handling in this game.

But also guess what - card sleeves come in packs of 100. There's 102 action cards in FoF and FoF Vol 2! This is one of these times when I think someone in the board gaming industry (GMT in this case) went into cohoots with someone else in the card sleeve industry and said "If you pay something towards development of this game, I'll make the stack have 51 cards instead of 50 - that way people have to buy two packs  f :censored: b :censored:

And no - I'm not really that mad about it...

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 08:25:50 AM
If you do, here are my two tips on card sleeving:

1) Use these: Dragon Shield Sleeves Matte Card Game, Clear if you can find them. The matte backing helps prevent them from sliding. They will eventually stop sliding as you use them, but these sleeves will accelerate the process.

2) Sleeve the cards and place them in a stack on a table. After that, place something very, very heavy on top of the stack. Leave them like that for around three days.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 09:52:12 AM
Too late on the recommendation...but appreciated all the same.

Thanks for the tip on squashing them.