Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Rome II  (Read 18749 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #90 on: September 03, 2022, 05:29:11 PM
Clearly!!

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #91 on: September 04, 2022, 04:28:34 AM
Congrats on the win, Gus!  Nicely done!  :party: 

Empires that use golden stork/chicken/bird thingies as their symbol are known to strike fear into the hearts of all who look upon them.

I live in the heart of "turkey country", in the state that's America's biggest producer of turkey products.  Those birds are freaky (and not in a good way).  :o 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #92 on: September 04, 2022, 09:13:43 AM
We have lots of wild turkeys around here and they are nothing like the big dumb fat things at the turkey farms. The wild ones are lean and fast, and pretty smart considering the centuries of media portrayals to the contrary. They also fly (though not great distances).

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #93 on: September 04, 2022, 01:46:08 PM
^We have tons of wild turkeys too. Agreed they are smarter than the ones raised on farms and not nearly as fat...still good eating for the local bears, though.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #94 on: September 05, 2022, 01:06:44 PM
I love Wild Turkeys. Especially with Ginger Ale on the rocks. Our local Turkey pop. can be very aggressive at times. Congrats on the win Gus.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #95 on: September 05, 2022, 03:43:01 PM
Thank you. Beware the bird.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #96 on: September 06, 2022, 01:41:39 AM
We've got a peacock infestation here in a suburb of Vancouver.  A lot of Indo-Canadians live in the area and somebody brought over some peacocks in order to farm them.  They escaped the farm and are thriving in the wilds of suburbia.  My friend lived in the neighbourhood until a few years ago so I'd see the damned things roosting whenever I went to his place to play boardgames.  Bloody things are big and can get quite aggressive if they think their territory is being threatened.  Most commonly, this manifests itself with the pea-brained things seeing their reflection in a car door and then scratching the shit out of it.

https://www.narcity.com/vancouver/surrey-bc-has-voted-to-capture-all-the-peacocks-terrorizing-residents-and-locals-are-strangely-pissed

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #97 on: September 06, 2022, 09:22:25 AM
I'm sure if I lived with them I would hate them, but from 3000 miles away they are quite beautiful. Nice of them to match their colors to the Honda too. Neighborly!

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #98 on: September 06, 2022, 12:34:00 PM
Peacocks are vile, noisy creatures that crap everywhere and aren't intelligent enough to either stay out of people's way or befriend the people who care for them. Plus they taste terrible deep-fried. Not even NBC likes them anymore.  :nope:

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #99 on: September 06, 2022, 12:58:40 PM
^How dare you

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #100 on: September 06, 2022, 03:10:55 PM
I had a friend I used to work with, she adopted a neighborhood male peacock after it's mate died. She drove all over to get the right kind of food to feed it. Then it took to roosting in her pool enclosure at night but wasn't smart enough to come in through the door so it tore holes in her screen instead. It shit everywhere, wouldn't shut-up calling for it's mate at all hours and worse, when she and her husband came-out to swim in the pool, it tried to attack them. She finally tried to get a Wildlife Sanctuary to come get it but they didn't want it either. She was in the process of figuring-out how to take it for a long ride to someone else's neighborhood last I talked with her. I refused to tell her where I lived.  :nope:

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #101 on: September 06, 2022, 04:07:19 PM
Yeah, the fo shit everywhere.  It's not as bad as Goose turds though.  Our parks get overrun with geese every year and the stuff is so thick that it's a slipping hazard. 

As for the peacocks, I have no idea what they eat but something in the area agrees either them because they're thriving.  Some hapless city workers gave been trying to round them up and relocate them to a wildlife sanctuary but the wranglers seem to be losing the battle.  I suspect the birds have a 5th column actively aiding them in the form of the 1st provisional North Shore Housewife Regiment (the Hectorin' Karens) who drive in to the neighborhood on weekends to take selfies with the "pretty" birds

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #102 on: September 06, 2022, 06:29:08 PM
Congrats on the win Gus.. this mean I have to reinstall Attila.. you guys got me to try DEI, and I'm glad I did, that was/is a fun mod.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #103 on: September 06, 2022, 08:54:43 PM
^Definitely try out Fire and Swords!! You won't regret it.