Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Europa, anyone?  (Read 10544 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 06:31:14 AM
Ha! You should try 'Fire in the East' AND 'Scorched Earth' both set up together. When we used to play it at my buddies house (he had a games room and table - and it just about could fit) - it used to take 5 of us from maybe early evening until the early hours of the morning to get through half a game turn. The air rules alone are like a separate sub-game!

A true monster game.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

72z

• Jr. Trooper
    • History Design Center
Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 01:57:22 AM
https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/index.php/ww2/scorched-earth-1-detail

A mere £300...............and you still need a copy of 'Fire in the East' to play it!

Scorched Earth, technically, was always an expansion.   Sounds like you might have also missed GR/D's Urals add on too ...

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 06:17:27 AM
I think my buddy had it - he pretty much had all the Europa stuff, and still has, in fact - I must ask him when I next see him.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

72z

• Jr. Trooper
    • History Design Center
Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 01:47:32 AM
I had some bright idea that I was going to play it in my basement on the wall (when I had a basement) ... it was too tall to fit -so north was pointed to the right.  I had a photo of it somewhere - but it was an old grainy thing in poor light (it was before digital cameras) ...

... it was about the same quality of material that I was expected to make a commercial website out of  (grainy, poor light, and out of focus) ... I think I got all of the Europa stuff excepting Wavell's War --technically that was an optional add on ... and I mean like even the smaller grayscale maps, the 2 Pacific titles, the 2 WW I titles ... Winston owed me the update counters ( I think for Winter War ... surprisingly that was never honored by the guys that basically promised and failed to deliver the 3rd iteration of what was DNO, and FitE  ...  (I also had FitE/DNO ...) ...