Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: "World War I" 'Trenches and Fortified LINE' Markers  (Read 10204 times)

GROGnadsUSA

on: August 08, 2022, 09:14:24 PM
Hoi y`all'uns as 'moi' decided that the 'ones' from that "Guild of Blades" version for "W.W.I" just weren't 'aesthetically pleasing' compared to these! Not only that, since I expect to "inherit" the "Axis & Allies"-version too, so, this were just several 'addendum'-features I intend to incorporate as well. Basically, you shall need to 'proceed' upon one unto the remainder "incrementally", that is YOU are required to 'enact'/'build'/'deploy' the 1st-"Trenches" before getting their "Improved"-version, and so on.  You shall 'denote' these are 1/2-inch-X-3/4-inch overall dimensions depicted, resulting unto '198' counters in total with '4'-differing "designs" across each ROW so, '56'-different sort then! They are 'emplaced' upon the 'Game Board' along a particular 'Area's'/'Provinces'  "Border"/"Boundary"/etc. and will 'cover' there then.  This may even become 'effective' along a "Coastal" 'periphery'  so as to DEFEND this there, too.

"Trenches" COST '3'--Take an entire 'Turn' by/of an 'Army' remaining 'stationary'-- REDUCE all Attacking 'Unit's "Fire" by '1'--Can become 'Destroyed' by "Enemy Occupation"--Shall be 'Countered' with "Tank(s)" usage.

"Trenches" II same as above along with prevents undergoing 'Heavy Artillery Barrage'

"Fortress" identical of  "Trenches" II EXCEPT--COST '5', and 'No Countering with 'Tanks' while able to conduct "First Fire" -(d6 roll of '6'-"To HIT"-VS every Enemy Unit) and 'inflict' LOSSES prior to commencing "Enemy Attack".

"Fortress II" has same 'Stats' as "Fortress" While (d6 "die-roll" of '5'-or-'6') to inflict LOSS

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 11:22:25 PM
That's a long way around saying "print-&-play terrain"

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 02:23:45 AM
That's a long way around saying "print-&-play terrain"
Yeah, while many shall EXPECT some 'Dystopic Suppository Supposition' as THAT is where all-this shall "end up" while 'Pickle or DUCK Surprise' costs M-O-R-E-! There are even some 'Pieces' being seriously considered such with 'Minelayers/Sweepers' as well with 'Sea Mines'!

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 06:49:52 PM
After quickly 'completing' the others above, then I decided upon 'fashioning' several "additions" of them 'Fortress'-markers, seen below here.

The "I I I"-sort are similar to the "I I" and COST--'5' while having "rolls 2-d6"-'effect' when "Firing" to HIT on '6'

The "I V" COST '5'-more and does the same as above as well with "rolling 2-d6"-'effect' and HIT on '5'--'6' "Fire"

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 12:50:46 AM
Okay, so as an 'au natural' "response" of 'moi', HERE "are" in Square "1/2-inch size" some 'Forts' and 'Bases' == 'Naval' and 'Zeppelyn'-( so-writ in "honors" of 'moi'  "B.i.L."  & life-long Play-Partner) markers. Upon their "obverse"/'back side' THEN I am considering 'Strength Numeral,/'Code'/'Letter' ? It is intended that they would 'denote' prior "constructions" as an 'addendum' ONTO 'Places' in being 'present' during some 'altercation', or even some "Battle"! Use copious 'Cereal Boxes' to obtain the 'thickness' desired for yours.

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 03:54:07 AM
JUST within an 'hour' ago "are" them 'BACKSIDES' of the m-o-r-e recent 'STYLE'. For the 'time being' then they're 'used' in whatever manner you wished, since how else should W-E learn of how/what/where/etc. any could 'provide'?

""BLOG"site"" <--'click that'

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 08:26:42 PM
JUST lately considered a few 'Games' they would "befit" within of "Superpowers"! , "Europe Aflame"!, "Europe at WAR"-(either)! perhaps some other 'apropos' "application" for them!

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 10:19:20 PM
JUST now 'made' these within the last hour as it were being first SEEN here-! Some form a 'pattern' as they are viewed of across there, as it's 'intentional'-!

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 04:27:39 AM
Hoi as 'moi' had gone ahead and MADE '2'-more "strengths"/"level"/etc. at there: ""BLOG""<--'click this' I had begun to ponder upon there being a selection of "effectivenesses" in which a few could then become 'denoted' as anything that they shall "inflict"-! THEY will require a 'Chart' of differing aspects from which any are chosen as their 'Level' progressed. I'm currently in discussions with "Polyversal" about having them make this to alleviate 'clutter' of "Miniatures" versions.

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 06:39:44 PM
HERE is the latest, as there WERE yet more of 'Advanced/Improved/Assured' types-!

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 05:18:46 PM
THE "Obverse/Back" for those above, since it is believed on being much more "fairer" to allow 'interferences' PRIOR with these being completed of their 'erection rates'-! WHERE that may last/endure beyond '4'-whatever, why, consider 'toi' "fortunate"-, eh-? 

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 07:58:12 PM
These are "Lettered" sort as well with 'Base = Army Depot' and 'Coastal Defense' markers on the bottom ROW.

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 08:35:42 AM
GROGnads speaking of WW1 have you tried the new game The Great War: Western Front

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 01:39:00 PM
Hoi and no, I had not as this is the first time hearing about that-! I just went to look it up at BGG while it isn't appearing right away. Beginning with A.H. "1914" in 1972, up to mid 1980s with 3W "Clash of Empires" or XTR "The Great War in Europe/Middle East" while much of this 'stuff' is directed upon/onto "A&A 1914". Well before that, then Guild of Blades produced their "W.W.I" 'Game' and even has 'Trenches', although naught as 'extensive' for these kinds shown of here.

If you could provide the 'Publisher' of that, then perhaps, it could be readily located as I'm curious about to what it did contain. There is too much lacking with "A&A 1914" and I'm acquiring plenty as well with these 'creations' of mine. You can read more at this LINK: ""A&A W.W.I 1914""<--'click this'

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 01:55:00 PM
If you like WW1 period, then you should certainly take a look at the 'Der Weltkrieg' series if you have not already done so.

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'