Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Traveller: Prime Directive  (Read 2952 times)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
on: November 26, 2021, 09:09:33 AM
So, this tidbit dropped on the Mongoose forum yesterday in response a question about the mythical Traveller: Prime Directive. I'd given up hope long ago for such a thing, but now I'm more hopeful than ever.

well, as the author of the TPD books I can speak to some things.

Listed as I think of them:
1) The TPD core book is currently being Playtested as the material is written.
2) All four books currently out for GURPS/d20M are planned for TPD (Core, Federation, Klingons, Romulans).
3) All the background, Histories, species, etc in each of these books for the Star Fleet Universe (SFU) will be in the TPD editions
4) We (ADB) are shooting for releasing the PDF of the core book in Feb 2022 with print approx 2 months later (if things go according to plan)
5) Right now the core book will have over 30 playable species from across at least 10 empires. The SFU is broken down by “Empire/Species/Race” ex: “Federation/Human/African”.
6) Besides the small adjustments to the core MGT2 careers so the fit the SFU, the core book will have careers for at least Starfleet, Starfleet Marines, Federation Mercant Marines, the Galactic Intelligence Agency (GIA), and the Federation Marshals Service.

I’m probably forgetting a few things but those are the high points.

You don't know what Prime Directive is? Shame on you, go here and start your education.
You don't know what Traveller is? There...are...no words...

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 09:21:23 AM
You don't know what Prime Directive is? Shame on you, go here and start your education.
You don't know what Traveller is? There...are...no words...

I will say that I'm consistently astounded by what the people on the Matrix Games forums don't know about

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love