Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Field of Glory: Kingdoms  (Read 10844 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #30 on: June 10, 2023, 04:39:30 AM
Yep that’s me in a nutshell - thinking the ‘draw’ was been able to export the battles and this was the best thing ever

I haven’t got time for that shit!! If it can create decent battles with sensible outcomes on auto then it might be a TW replacer

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2023, 11:47:37 AM
^It has the potential to be but is not there yet.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #32 on: June 11, 2023, 03:13:56 AM
Yep that’s me in a nutshell - thinking the ‘draw’ was been able to export the battles and this was the best thing ever

Which is completely understandable.  I'm quite certain many felt the same way as you.  As I said above, I think Slitherine sold the whole "exporting battles" thing way too hard, causing a lot of people to miss out on an occasionally flawed, yet overall fun, and sometimes even brilliant, grand-strategy title set in the classical period. 

(Dang it, talking about the game makes me want to sit down and fire it up again now...) 

I haven’t got time for that shit!! If it can create decent battles with sensible outcomes on auto then it might be a TW replacer

You're preaching to the choir, bud. 

Granted, watching the auto-combat (if you choose to view it) isn't exactly a cinematic experience like Total War is.  However, I'm more than happy to forego that if i can still get reasonable battle results, and *not* seriously interrupt the flow of the strategic side of the campaign -- for me, that's where the meat & potatoes of the game resides, after all. 

^It has the potential to be but is not there yet.

You say that, yet you already know as well as i do that you're going to end up getting it.  >:D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #33 on: June 11, 2023, 04:34:41 PM
^Of course, I'm still a gaming strumpet.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2023, 03:30:27 PM
It's one of the reasons we get along.  :cowboy: 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2023, 03:59:32 PM

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #36 on: June 13, 2023, 03:14:03 PM
Same footage of the game I posted from last week, but on its own (separated from the rest of the Field of Glory Day coverage): 

One thing I didn't catch before is that it appears FoG2 is more integrated with Kingdoms than it was with Empires.  In practical terms, I believe that means you won't need to exit the game when exporting battles (should you choose to fight them manually). 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #37 on: June 13, 2023, 06:59:25 PM
^This is great and UCG-centric news.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #38 on: June 14, 2023, 12:46:53 PM
Yes indeed. 

It also makes Slitherine's free giveaway of Field of Glory II suddenly look like a really smart move:  Those who are interested in Kingdoms should be more inclined to get the game, as they likely now own FoG2 thanks to the giveaway. 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #39 on: June 14, 2023, 02:15:44 PM
^Oh yeah.