Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Crusader Kings III Announced  (Read 35484 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #30 on: October 22, 2019, 08:47:06 AM
I see only the bits that I want to see, and ignore the rest.

Quick, while BC is rolling on the floor......Kick Him!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 12:27:30 PM
Release date of 1 Sept 2020.   Price is $50 and $75

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158310/Crusader_Kings_III/

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #32 on: May 14, 2020, 12:37:20 PM
Having bought the first two and really never played them, I have no choice but to buy this one as well.  :P

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 12:42:40 PM
Having bought the first two and really never played them, I have no choice but to buy this one as well.  :P

sound logic there

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #34 on: May 14, 2020, 06:12:07 PM

Words I live by.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 09:19:58 PM
I look forward to getting the Complete/Ultimate Edition in ten years, once they have announced CK4. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 01:04:36 AM
I look forward to getting the Complete/Ultimate Edition in ten years, once they have announced CK4.
Lol. Yeah probably. Will finally start to play Crusader Kings 2 first!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 03:01:46 AM
I finally started playing CK2 again the last couple days.  It's fascinating stuff, but I freely admit I wouldn't mind a tutorial that completely held my hand through the first couple years.  Talk about your steep learning curves (and this is supposed to be one of Paradox's more accessible games?!)...  :-\ 

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 03:12:26 AM
I finally started playing CK2 again the last couple days.  It's fascinating stuff, but I freely admit I wouldn't mind a tutorial that completely held my hand through the first couple years.  Talk about your steep learning curves (and this is supposed to be one of Paradox's more accessible games?!)...  :-\
Actually, i think it's one of the most complex games, at least, that's what i remember from playing the first one. I would say Europa Universalis 2 and Stellaris are the most accessible. I have a lot of respect for Crusader Kings 2 and will take the time to learn.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #39 on: May 18, 2020, 07:28:57 PM
Actually, i think it's one of the most complex games, at least, that's what i remember from playing the first one. I would say Europa Universalis 2 and Stellaris are the most accessible. I have a lot of respect for Crusader Kings 2 and will take the time to learn.

I agree Stellaris is probably Paradox's most accessible game (at least of those produced in-house).  I do think the changes in the 2.2 update needlessly increased the learning curve, but it remains relatively easier to get into. 

I can't comment on EU2, as I don't own it.  I do own EU4, however, and some day I plan to tackle that one (although at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be retired before I get around to doing so :P ). 

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 10:53:15 PM

This is one area where (based on preview stuff) they seem to have finally sunk some time and resources in CK3. I'm looking forward to that, because I never felt like I had a clue what I was doing in 2.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 07:20:05 AM

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 08:18:30 AM

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

chemkid

Reply #43 on: June 13, 2020, 04:39:06 AM
since i feel that ck2 is finally finished - yesterday i got the last missing dlc 'pagan fury- warrior queen'...

...i can start playing this monster for real this time - hook up my mouse again and - man! these songs keep my busy at night (flood of fire rocks, man!!!!)

can't wait another 8-10 years to grab ck3 when it's time has come... let's hope i got some serious hardware to run this beast in 2030!!! :)

cheers!
chem!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #44 on: June 13, 2020, 04:58:54 PM
Incidentally:  For those interested, Paradox has just announced that CK3 will be released September 1st (2020).  That's sooner than I was expecting.