Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Whats on Your Table?  (Read 173627 times)

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #345 on: December 22, 2019, 05:22:58 PM
When you say "game shelves" are you referring to "shelves for storing games" or did you mean "shelves made out of all the games you still have in shrink wrap"

Man, if you came up with shelving that looked like game boxes, I 100% guarantee you could sell it on Kickstarter and make a fortune. It's too silly to fail!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #346 on: December 22, 2019, 05:49:08 PM
How about game boxes that look like shelving?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #347 on: December 22, 2019, 08:31:41 PM
How about game boxes that look like shelving?

Overheard: "Dear, I just bought some more shelves for the den. It will help things look more tidy."

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #348 on: December 23, 2019, 01:21:06 PM
Now you're talking - I think we're on a winner here, Stagger.  :bigthumb:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #349 on: December 23, 2019, 01:27:33 PM
Two words: frying pan

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #350 on: December 23, 2019, 01:47:40 PM
Christmas truce!

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #351 on: December 23, 2019, 04:41:19 PM
I unexpectedly received a $100 Amazon card at the office holiday party. Suggestions for spending it? I was about to purchase the Panzer base game when Amazon thoughtfully pointed out that I previously bought it. So now I have to start checking game stacks for that.  :D

I opted for Stalingrad '42

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #352 on: December 23, 2019, 05:13:30 PM
Good choice  :bigthumb:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #353 on: December 24, 2019, 02:28:17 PM
I unexpectedly received a $100 Amazon card at the office holiday party. Suggestions for spending it? I was about to purchase the Panzer base game when Amazon thoughtfully pointed out that I previously bought it. So now I have to start checking game stacks for that.  :D

I opted for Stalingrad '42

:bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #354 on: December 24, 2019, 03:16:24 PM
Tomorrow, my table will be filled with food!!

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #355 on: December 25, 2019, 02:06:14 AM
Tomorrow, my table will be filled with food!!

I initially misread that as "blood".  I was worried for a moment there.  :P 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #356 on: December 25, 2019, 07:56:18 AM
I initially misread that as "blood".

Qapla'!

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #357 on: December 25, 2019, 10:09:08 AM
Hope you clean that up after you!

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #358 on: December 29, 2019, 09:19:51 PM
We played a 4-player game of Star Trek Ascendancy today.  It was my first chance to try out the Andorians.  Unfortunately I ran into to bad luck in the early going and the systems near my homeworld were crap.  The Cardassians had some great luck with their start but then ran into a Borg transwarp conduit and decided to poke it.  Cube popped out and that tied them up for several turns as they desperately threw suicide attacks at it in order to slow it down enough for them to build up a fleet big enough to take it on.  They managed to destroy it in defence of their homeworld but then went and poked the conduit AGAIN!  Out popped a 2nd cube...

The Klingons tried to make a beeline for be but ran into several deadend systems which prevented us from linking up.  They instead headed off against the Federation and Cardassians.  Those two bought the Klingons off with favourable trade deals and the Klingons contented themselves with hanging back and building up their fleets.

The Federation also had bad luck with their systems early on and ran into a bunch of dangerous phenomena.  They were able to exploit this and generate a ton of research studying them which they used to develop a lot of tech.

I was finally able to unlock some good systems and start to build my infrastructure and tech up. Never did get to use any of the Andorian’s spiffy abilities though. 

Things finally came to a head and the Klingons attacked the Cardassians with some massive fleets....and got spanked pretty hard for it as killing two Borg cubes gave the Cardassians a bunch of tech which beefed up their weapons and shields. 

Seeing as how the Cardies were weakened by the fighting, I launched my own attacks and drove pretty deep into their territory.  The Feds then allied with them and started threatening me so I had to pull back.  It looked like it’d be a 2vs2 fight with the Klingons and I teaming up  but then he backstabbed me for no reason other than to get one research token (he was on his 5th gin and sofa by this point...).  He also committed genocide and scorched one of my planets because “[he] just wanted to see how the tech worked”.   I was far ahead in weapons tech at this point so I destroyed his fleets as punishment but that left me open to a push by the Federation.  They tried a soft approach in hopes of wooing my systems away from me and over to their side but muffed the roll. 

I had an open run at Earth next turn and Kronos after that but the Cardassians had amassed enough culture to ascend and become dominant and won the game.

Fun times.  Very swingy,  lots of hilariously poor decisions (some aided by gin) and a generally good time.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:11:56 PM by Silent Disapproval Robot »

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #359 on: December 29, 2019, 09:42:43 PM
^That makes me want to play Federation Commander or Federation Space again.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy