Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Whats on Your Table?  (Read 173250 times)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #435 on: May 21, 2020, 03:00:59 PM
We celebrated the fact that our betters have decreed that we may be let out in small packs as long as we remain appropriately muzzled by playing TANKS: Modern.  My buddy finally finished painting up his Yanks, Rooskies, and East Germanz so we had a straight up tank on tank bash.  5 Russian T-64s, 3 East German T-72s and 2 East German T-62s vs 5 'Murican M1 Abrams and 2 M60s.  I played the Russians.  Pretty good bash.  I used zero finesse and just bum rushed the 3 M1s that were facing my platoon.  They popped 4 of my 5 tanks but Communist ardour prevailed and I knocked all three Abrams out.  The M60s did a number on the East German T-72s on the other side of the map but the lowly T-62s punched above their weight and took down 1 Abrams and M60.  The remaining two Yankees mentioned something about the better part of valour and scarpered.

Good times

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:17:35 PM by Silent Disapproval Robot »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #436 on: May 21, 2020, 03:10:38 PM
those models look niiiiice

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #437 on: May 21, 2020, 03:16:54 PM
Looks awesome  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #438 on: May 21, 2020, 04:56:20 PM
What scale are those tanks?

I still have World at War 85 on the table. Currently scenario 4 is going ahead.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #439 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:10 PM
On the table - 'Antiatem 1862'

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #440 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:26 PM
15mm

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #441 on: May 21, 2020, 05:50:43 PM
They should be available in good quantities for cheap for a little bit.

Word is Battlefront is ditching the whole line to switch over to its WoT.  Dims my hopes for seeing cool modern models for TTS.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #442 on: June 20, 2020, 10:07:48 PM
Learning Great Campaigns of the American Civil War from MMP. Enjoying it so far and it looks great on the table.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:27:41 PM by thecommandtent »

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #443 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:49 PM
Learning Great Campaigns of the American Civil War from MMP. Enjoying it so far and it looks great on the table.

Ardwulf is playing one of those games in a video series on YouTube with Pat Mullen.

Check out the Wargame Network tab on our front page and you can see as YouTube channel listed there

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #444 on: June 21, 2020, 09:25:36 AM

Ardwulf is playing one of those games in a video series on YouTube with Pat Mullen.

Check out the Wargame Network tab on our front page and you can see as YouTube channel listed there

Yeah I've been following along as I have time to watch them. Ardwulf of is one of the reasons I bought my first game in the series.

GriffinTwoSix

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #445 on: June 23, 2020, 10:39:42 AM

This series is by far my favorite campaign system, great for PBEM as well.  Have Pipe Creek and the Maryland campaigns going through email right now, just got Atlanta is Ours in the mail a couple weeks ago and been chugging through my first play of it solo.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #446 on: June 25, 2020, 06:16:55 PM
I had some friends over for a 4-player session of Core Space.  Each player had a team of 3 crew as well as an elite cop.  The scenario took place on Titan Station.  The cops got wind that illegal bio-weapons experiments were taking place there and that a criminal gang had taken over de-facto control.  The Purge (the evil Borg/Cylon style machine intelligence species) was attacking the station in order to secure the weapon.  Orders were to set the station's reactor to go critical.  Extra money if you could break into the crime leader's stache and loot it and even more money if you could secure a sample of the bio-weapon for the black market (of course you'd have to arrange an accident for your cop liaison). 

The game started off well with all 4 players staying out of each other's way instead of backstabbing one another.  Most of the gangsters went down in the first two firefights (and the event card had the 2nd in command of the gang try to murder the leader in order to take over for herself so that sorted out the gang problem).  Then the Purge showed up and bodies started to pile up.  One of the guys royally screwed over another player by welding all the doors shut and trapping his entire crew inside a room with a bunch of murder-bots).   I was able to make it to the reactor but had trouble getting it to go critical (flubbed a lot of rolls).  Finally managed it but then the Purge cut into the station's hull right behind me and started pouring into the corridor and I  got eviscerated. 

Two of the players turned on each other and shot each other up to the point where neither was going to make it off the station before it blew so the one guy who never managed to secure any loot nor complete any objectives "won" by being the only one to make it back to his ship before everything went kaboom!

Good times!

Infestation room behind a murderbot.

One of my team and his cop buddy finally make it to the reactor

Bodies start piling up as the backstabbing begins

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #447 on: June 25, 2020, 06:30:40 PM
It's always "that guy" who ends up winning isn't it?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #448 on: June 25, 2020, 07:52:12 PM
Lingering in the rear.  Best way to avoid a bullet it seems.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #449 on: June 26, 2020, 06:52:54 AM
That looks like a lot of fun  :bigthumb: