Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Falling Frontier  (Read 9963 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 03:01:06 PM
Oh boy, another 4x space game!

Sorry, I've had a few beers, I'm feeling a tad cheeky today.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 04:04:02 PM

There are other 4x space games and there is falling frontier though

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 04:27:00 PM
So, it's THAT GOOD, you're saying.

I've honestly not played a 4x space game that's appealed to me in a long, long time.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2023, 05:08:07 PM
I’m really enjoying Stellaris with the latest update and DLC. Despite Martok’s whinging about the leader cap, I’m finding it fits well with my play style and am not finding it a handicap at all. There I said it.  :nerd:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 01:26:12 AM
Is this a competitor to NEBULOUS: Fleet Command?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 01:36:51 AM

Falling Frontier is a revolutionary sci-fi RTS where ship design, recon, and logistics are critical elements. Your expeditionary force has just completed construction of its first space port in orbit of a new world, but you are not alone. Rivals from the old colonial wars between Earth, Titan, Venus, and the other lineages that divide humankind have also arrived in the same star system.

A New Star System
Explore a vast procedurally generated star system filled with planets, moons, asteroid fields, and nebulae. Build and upgrade shipyards, supply depots, refineries, and recon stations as you research new technologies to unlock ship hulls, weapons, orbital facilities, colonization options, and more.

That’s the blurb on the steam page

From what little I know it’s an immersive rts experience where you’re involved with base and crew management - going to battle over there? Well you’ll need your logistics wing to ship the necessary resources of war - you can’t just click anywhere and fight anywhere

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 08:27:04 AM
I wish they would at least give us an updated release date.  This looks better and better every time they put out a new trailer or update. 

my apologies, i didnt realise this was a new video - holy crap it looks great and wow - pretty much WW2 looking ships with a space hull - nom nom nom nom

the 2 negative comments so far are from a space purist moaning about physics and explosions and a guy bemoaning the lack of the height/depth axis in battles - if im been honest, my old ass brain has never been able to get its head around forwards, backwards, left, right AND up and down - which is why i think i suck at Homeworld and i havent disappeared into Nebulous like i would like to everything on a 2d plane is fine by me

There looks to be crew management for some RPG elements, hopefully some boarding actions

please, just release it on early access and let us pay you to finish it

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 03:43:20 AM
^ Given the route Hooded Horse is taking their games lately, I'm guessing this one *is* releasing into Early-Access...eventually.  They've just not deemed it ready yet.  (Just like Fragile Existence and Alliance of the Sacred Suns; sigh.) 

More of an RTS game than a 4x, hence why I posted it here.  Still looks cool as hell, though. 

I’m really enjoying Stellaris with the latest update and DLC. Despite Martok’s whinging about the leader cap, I’m finding it fits well with my play style and am not finding it a handicap at all. There I said it.  :nerd:

That's it, you don't get to run my Science Nexus.  :nope: 

Not really, no.  Falling Frontier is an RTS, NEBULOUS is a fleet combat simulator (with realistic-ish physics). 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #23 on: June 26, 2023, 11:05:02 AM
Dev has announced at some point there will be a demo at a next fest and the plan now is to release into early access - something theyve never actually denied but always stayed away from - since taking on an full time artist and seeing the improvements thats made im guessing hes realised its a bigger project than he thought without ££

if im not the first to sign up for it, ill be close

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #24 on: June 26, 2023, 11:26:08 AM
You mentioned the evil magic words with 'Manor Lords.'

Always do what you feel is best.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #25 on: June 26, 2023, 12:41:05 PM
You mentioned the evil magic words with 'Manor Lords.'

It’s quiet over there at the moment - lots of people asking for early access or reenrry to demo

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #26 on: July 01, 2023, 03:53:50 AM
Dev has announced at some point there will be a demo at a next fest and the plan now is to release into early access - something theyve never actually denied but always stayed away from - since taking on an full time artist and seeing the improvements thats made im guessing hes realised its a bigger project than he thought without ££

I'm guessing that, combined with the fact that he actually *has* money & resources -- now that he's backed by Hooded Horse -- is very likely a guiding factor in that as well.  Not that I'm complaining. 

Just borrow Barthheart's temporal vortex/time machine-thingy. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #27 on: July 01, 2023, 04:28:45 AM

I'm guessing that, combined with the fact that he actually *has* money & resources -- now that he's backed by Hooded Horse -- is very likely a guiding factor in that as well.  Not that I'm complaining. 

Just borrow Barthheart's temporal vortex/time machine-thingy.

He might be needing that for his PBEM

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #28 on: July 27, 2023, 09:04:14 AM

new combat update, unseen footage, new stuff, crew, weapons, ship types - im vibrating as i speak

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #29 on: July 27, 2023, 09:34:37 AM
^You cheeky monkey

Always do what you feel is best.