Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: 1974 Hinchcliffe video  (Read 3321 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
on: March 12, 2022, 02:36:40 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6LCGONW1o&feature=share&

Among fans, this old video was thought lost. 

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:59:39 PM
Cool video. Some of the comments stated they were 25mm but they look like a much larger scale.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 07:02:59 PM
That was amazing, thank you for sharing it with us. I understand the process to create a pattern, then the mold and then the casting; however, seeing it all in action only makes the process that much more impressive. I also never really thought about all the other aspects involved in the business of casting figures, until I saw all those people checking, stocking, packing and shipping the product. It made me wonder how Peter Berry at Baccus 6mm does it all by himself. Granted, the scale Mr. Berry casts is smaller and limited to only 6mm and the promotional video said the Hinchliffe range was from 12 - 90 mm, so not really a fair comparison. Anyway, I digress. It was fun to see Peter Gilder and Jim Oden. Thanks!  :)

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 01:58:00 AM
Hoi, as I do recall buying these 'items' of theirs for uses within "Trireme"/etc.

There were other more greatly 'detailed' kind from "CinC" or yet still another, because I do have some of around the same size as what are "in" that "Conquest of the Empire" and their 'sails' have a 'Skull and Crossbones' "motif", so they'll become 'Mercenary/Pirate' sorts! I also obtained an 'Army Men Box'-("Airfix") of "Ancient Britons" as being FOR such as well.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 06:03:43 AM
I cut my teeth, figuratively speaking, on Airfix figures back in the day.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 03:33:49 PM
Lies.  Everyone knows Brummies ain't go no teef.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 04:05:52 PM
I have so got teef. Just can't  remember where I put 'em.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'