Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: VICTORIA 3!  (Read 26010 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 08:33:01 PM
If there’s an adequate tutorial on the economy and how to do things then I may be in

In the MP game I had with tuna and barthheart (I think) I never got anywhere close to unifying Italy or been able to declare war on wayward Italian regions

Wasn't that you, me, and Tuna?  That one was Pride of Nations.   Anyway, it doesn't really matter if PDOX makes a tutorial because 3 months later, the bastards will release a patch or a DLC that completely rewrites how the economy works and the tutorial will be worthless yet still present in ingame links, leading to even more confusion.  They do this will all their in-house games.  Drives me nuts.

Sorry buddy, it was a long time ago!!

Adam

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 08:40:36 PM
Well it should be a playable game and 75% off by 2026. :D

This 100%.  I learned my lesson with CK2 and decided to never get on the DLC treadmill again.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 07:32:19 AM
If there’s an adequate tutorial on the economy and how to do things then I may be in

In the MP game I had with tuna and barthheart (I think) I never got anywhere close to unifying Italy or been able to declare war on wayward Italian regions

Wasn't that you, me, and Tuna?  That one was Pride of Nations.   Anyway, it doesn't really matter if PDOX makes a tutorial because 3 months later, the bastards will release a patch or a DLC that completely rewrites how the economy works and the tutorial will be worthless yet still present in ingame links, leading to even more confusion.  They do this will all their in-house games.  Drives me nuts.

Yep SDR is right, it was him, not Barth, and it was Pride of Nations, I was really enjoying that game at the time.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 08:39:48 AM
I'm really hoping we get a remake of Pride of Nations on the new game engine.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 02:21:41 PM

Yep SDR is right, it was him, not Barth, and it was Pride of Nations, I was really enjoying that game at the time.

I was as well.  Right up until the point where I went to war with the Crimean Khanate and discovered that they got infinite reinforcements every turn so there was no way to beat them. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 03:17:21 PM
I made handbags and shoes

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 05:51:10 PM
I'm really hoping we get a remake of Pride of Nations on the new game engine.

I would not be sad if this were to happen as well.  PoN was often a frustrating game, but I really liked the concept, and somehow I found it far more interesting than I ever did Vicky 2. 

I made handbags and shoes

Okay, this comment made me bust a gut laughing -- both on its own merits, but even more so because (of all things) it sparked my memory of your guys' play-through of that game.  Well done, 'geek:ROFL: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #22 on: May 23, 2021, 06:24:55 PM
Pride of Nations was an outstanding game, but it was built on a game engine that couldn't handle all of what was going on.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #23 on: May 23, 2021, 09:29:21 PM
^  Agreed.  It had a lot of features & mechanics I enjoyed, although some of them were rather opaque and/or not explained very well.  Also: those dang turn times... 

Still, I would love it if AGEOD made a PoN 2.  *That* would probably be a Day 1 purchase for me, actually. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 07:57:30 AM
It would be for me.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 01:40:17 PM
In all honesty, timing is going to be key to whether this is a day one purchase for me or not.  Distant World is at the top of my list for new purchases.  Humankind is #2.  I have a few cheaper ones on my list also.  If V3 comes out in 4th quarter, then by May will be able to get it on sale.  So there is that.  But, I really love the time frame and the economic aspects of it. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #26 on: July 18, 2021, 06:25:02 PM
First Dev Video has been released.  Topics and time in the video when it is covered.

00:27 - Pops
02:12 - Capacities
04:32 - Buildings
07:52 - Goods
09:48 - Production Methods

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2021, 09:21:11 AM
I actually looked at Vicky2 gain this weekend. I have not reinstalled but am highly considering it. At this point, the only factor holding me back is my Stellaris campaign.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2021, 11:12:20 AM
I too have always found Victoria and Pride of Nations extremely complex but this thread has conjured a potential new winning strategy for me...making handbags and shoes for the Crimean Khanate. A win-win!

Always do what you feel is best.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #29 on: July 19, 2021, 11:49:46 AM
Will they match I hope?

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming