Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Crusader Kings III Announced  (Read 35525 times)

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #60 on: September 30, 2020, 09:09:31 AM
Don't privacy laws protect against this!!!!  :idiot2:

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #61 on: September 30, 2020, 09:32:43 AM
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/crusader-kings-3-players-have-eaten-15-million-prisoners/

from the desk of "Is it a PC game article, or is it pr0n"
Infinite petting is high on the list of my desired tweaks.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #62 on: September 30, 2020, 06:02:01 PM
If that were really the case, why stop at just petting?  ::) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #63 on: December 31, 2020, 09:46:05 PM
Picked this up yesterday, but haven't fired it up yet as I have a good of Stellars going right now.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #64 on: January 01, 2021, 05:22:22 AM
I keep periodically dabbling in CK2, but that UI...uff-da. 

I love the art style, the music, the dialogue, the text descriptions, etc. -- the atmosphere and sense of immersion is fantastic.  But good gods, the game is *not* user-friendly. 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #65 on: January 01, 2021, 09:00:14 AM
Martok, when I leaned it, I just had to go in and play a few game years concentrating on leaning one or two parts of the game and how they work with the other parts I had learned.  When I first started a game, I would save.  So when I felt comfortable with what I was trying to learn, I'd restart.  Of course, not everything would work out the same, but it worked for me to learn the mechanics of the game.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #66 on: January 01, 2021, 02:50:31 PM
Picked this up yesterday, but haven't fired it up yet as I have a good of Stellars going right now.

I'm still on the fence about getting this before the sale is up or hold out for a better sale later in the year.

I love the art style, the music, the dialogue, the text descriptions, etc. -- the atmosphere and sense of immersion is fantastic.  But good gods, the game is *not* user-friendly. 

From some things I've read CKIII is suppose to be much better with the UI and especially helpful tool tips.

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #67 on: January 01, 2021, 06:50:54 PM

I'm still on the fence about getting this before the sale is up or hold out for a better sale later in the year.

From some things I've read CKIII is suppose to be much better with the UI and especially helpful tool tips.

Like Martok, I found CKII not user friendly and with less patience than I used to have for learning new games, I never played it all that much. Reviews have stressed how much more player friendly CKIII was (and fun!) so I pulled the trigger. Planning on taking it out for a spin this weekend.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #68 on: January 01, 2021, 10:13:39 PM
Martok, when I leaned it, I just had to go in and play a few game years concentrating on leaning one or two parts of the game and how they work with the other parts I had learned.  When I first started a game, I would save.  So when I felt comfortable with what I was trying to learn, I'd restart.  Of course, not everything would work out the same, but it worked for me to learn the mechanics of the game.

Thanks, ojsdad.  The thing is, that's actually what I've tried to do, but I still end up feeling overwhelmed most of the time.  It just seems like there's just so much more to keep track of in CK2 than in most strategy games I've played.  (In comparison, even Stellaris is relatively simple, like checkers is to chess.) 

Now is probably as good a time to purchase it as any.  Given Paradox's pricing policies, I doubt CK3 will be any cheaper this coming year, not even when the first major expansion drops (whenever that ends up being). 

For myself, I'm just not tempted by the current sale price.  Personally, $40.00 doesn't feel like a great deal to me. 

In addition, my experience with Stellaris has really made me wary of Paradox in a lot of ways.  Not that I'm under any delusions of never buying from them again -- I know I will ::) -- but both now and in the future, I'm going to be much, much more hesitant about when & where I pull the trigger on giving them (anymore of) my money. 

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:04:58 AM by Martok »

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #69 on: January 01, 2021, 10:25:49 PM
Stellaris should've been a lesson to me as well, Martok, but no....I went and pre-purchased Empire of Sin. Buggy, repetitive, nowhere near as "historical" as I was hoping, no real sandbox game, the list goes on. There's potential for a great game in here....somewhere, but it was clearly rushed out the door. Maybe two years from now and three DLC's and I'll get my moneys worth. Ugh.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #70 on: January 02, 2021, 10:21:06 AM
Maybe two years from now and three DLC's and I'll get my moneys worth. Ugh.

That's the Paradox business model in a nutshell.  ;D 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #71 on: May 21, 2021, 04:36:56 PM
Royal Court, CK3's first major expansion, has been announced:   

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1303182/Crusader_Kings_III_Royal_Court/

No release date yet, although indications are it will come out towards the end of this year. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #72 on: August 24, 2021, 10:10:17 PM
Paradox continues its efforts to bring grand-strategy to consoles: 

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #73 on: November 23, 2021, 08:46:20 PM
Looks like the Royal Court expansion is set for Feb 8 2022. I was waiting to get back into this game until the expansion dropped so looks I'll be waiting a bit more.

Royal Court is the first major expansion for Crusader Kings III, the award-winning grand strategy role-playing game set in the Middle Ages. Starting on February 8, 2022, armchair rulers and aspiring emperors will be able to accumulate artifacts and build new kinds of nations in one of strategy gaming’s deepest blends of politics, intrigue, and rich character-driven stories.
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news?aid=ck3-royal-court-release-date&mtd=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IkRhdGUlMjBTZXQlMjBmb3IlMjBDcnVzYWRlciUyMEtpbmdzJTIwSUlJJTNBJTIwUm95YWwlMjBDb3VydCIsImltZyI6Ii8vaW1hZ2VzLmN0ZmFzc2V0cy5uZXQvdTczdHlmMGZhOHYxLzRZOUpFNTkzSHc1UnZtWjZNUDk5VkUvZjRkYmY1MzFlZjIyODlhYTk0M2U2OTE0YWJlZWZmZmYvQ0tfUm95YWxfQ291cnRfQmFubmVyLmpwZyIsImRlc2NyaXB0aW9uIjoiRmlyc3QlMjBNYWpvciUyMENLMyUyMEV4cGFuc2lvbiUyMFNjaGVkdWxlZCUyMGZvciUyMEZlYnJ1YXJ5In0%3D

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #74 on: November 24, 2021, 01:55:08 AM
Yep, I saw that.  Man, it seems like almost everything has been delayed until next year...  :(