Author Topic: Pokémon  (Read 947 times)

Bison

• Jr Lancer
on: September 24, 2020, 09:36:25 PM
So there I was hanging out innocently in the checkout aisle in Walmart...the lure of the Pokémon stuff caught the attention of my boys...next thing I know I’m buying three starter decks and some sleeves...

That’s all it took and now they cannot stop talking about Pokémon or asking to see their cards...I been have informed we NEED to get more packs...dude you are 5....

Le sigh...now I have to learn the game and how to pronounce the names...

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:50:29 PM
Both my kids could name all 150 Pokemon in all three of their forms when they were 5.

Multiplication tables? Pshaw!

Never underestimate the power of poorly-animated Japanese child anime. :)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 07:11:10 AM
So there I was hanging out innocently in the checkout aisle in Walmart...the lure of the Pokémon stuff caught the attention of my boys...next thing I know I’m buying three starter decks and some sleeves...

That’s all it took and now they cannot stop talking about Pokémon or asking to see their cards...I been have informed we NEED to get more packs...dude you are 5....

I hope your MtG playing doesn't suffer as a consequence of this impulsive behaviour :-)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 09:00:18 AM
my son was *hard* into Pokemon for about 4-5 years, until he started playing online on his Xbox more, and now he's got a pretty big group of folks he's playing with on there regularly.

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 11:29:09 PM

I hope your MtG playing doesn't suffer as a consequence of this impulsive behaviour :-)

No way! We have a couple of starter decks and yes I cracked and we bought a couple of packs. It’s a small collection and I intend to keep it that way...hopefully.
I don’t mind Pokémon actually now that I’ve played it. The art is much more kid friendly and it has simpler mechanics. And they enjoy it but I can only afford to amass one TCG collection. It’s fun to just sort the cards and play a couple of rounds. However, Eventually when I get time I’m putting together some very simple mtg decks.  MTG is just a better game IMO and I’m already years and $$ into playing  it.

Bison

• Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:57 PM
Add the Pokémon Trainers Toolkit to the apparently quickly expanding collection. Well on the bright side I have plenty of energy to build some sweet janky Pokémon decks!