Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 221150 times)

judgedredd

Reply #990 on: September 03, 2021, 04:02:29 PM
Yeah...I know. Luckily I let that fact prevent me from stopping because they were hard going in teens of enjoyment. I want really feeling the fun factor until the 3rd.

But they were good training scenarios and as long as people keep that in mind, they're in for a pleasant surprise when the game opens up

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #991 on: October 05, 2021, 04:28:10 PM
Tomorrow I'm headed to ASL Oktoberfest, or ASLOK as it is known.  This will be a big step up for me.  I've slowly been moving up from SK to full rules, but I wind up spending a lot of time teaching new players, so I've sort of been stuck in SK for too long.  So ASLOK will be diving into the (very) deep end for me, and I'm looking forward to it.  I very much expect my experience to be similar to this:

http://www.aslok.org/aslok_newbie.html

I'm driving up with another guy.  Not sure if we'll get any games in tomorrow evening, but then it will be three days of FFNAM, TH, SFF, sniper rolls, and all that before we return on Sunday.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #992 on: October 05, 2021, 04:36:01 PM
good luck!  take a lot of pictures :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #993 on: October 05, 2021, 04:41:10 PM
 :bigthumb:

Have a great time.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #994 on: October 05, 2021, 11:12:39 PM
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #995 on: October 07, 2021, 06:02:08 PM
I finished playing me some of The Deadly Woods and am very happy - what a great Bulge game. Though, some of the rules are a little difficult to grok. That came to me eventually, but I still had a nagging feeling the whole time that I was playing things wrong but I'm comfortable with the results. I took some pics and will probably do a full review here over the weekend.

Meanwhile I'll probably get Donning The Purple to the table. That game is a BEAST and very much a Kobayashi Maru type of game where it's not really about winning but about surviving. Martin and I will be recording an episode on this for Solosaurus this Sunday, most likely.

I'd like to get Blitzkrieg to my table too...that just arrived this week.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #996 on: October 11, 2021, 07:08:39 AM
Tomorrow I'm headed to ASL Oktoberfest, or ASLOK as it is known.  This will be a big step up for me.  I've slowly been moving up from SK to full rules, but I wind up spending a lot of time teaching new players, so I've sort of been stuck in SK for too long.  So ASLOK will be diving into the (very) deep end for me, and I'm looking forward to it.  I very much expect my experience to be similar to this:

http://www.aslok.org/aslok_newbie.html

I'm driving up with another guy.  Not sure if we'll get any games in tomorrow evening, but then it will be three days of FFNAM, TH, SFF, sniper rolls, and all that before we return on Sunday.

ASLOK was great fun.  Definitely the deep end of ASL - my four opponents had a combined century (or more of experience) - but everyone was kind and patient.  I got in four games and managed to win one on the very last close combat dice roll as the last action of the last turn.  I could've gotten in more games but my head was usually spinning after a five or six hour game, so after I was done playing I'd hang out with my friend or crash.

I tried to post photos but couldn't make it work.  Hmm.  Now it worked.  Adding more pictures....

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:11:25 AM by trailrunner »

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #997 on: October 11, 2021, 08:02:13 AM
Looks like it was a great time!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #998 on: October 13, 2021, 06:57:24 PM
London's Burning just arrived on my doorstep...guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, lol.

I mean, besides Donning the Purple (for a podcast episode recording this weekend) and trying to finish my current game of Beneath the Med, which is on my table now.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #999 on: October 22, 2021, 06:29:23 AM
For the weekend, a 1 sector scenario from Flying Colors - Blue Cross White Ensign

Also might check Santa Cruz 1797 as it just arrived at my door.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #1000 on: October 22, 2021, 07:29:55 AM
I have an ASL game lined up for Saturday.  Poles are counterattacking the Germans in a scenario set in 1939.  I might treat myself with a real breakfast at a real restaurant on the drive out to my friend's house.

Meanwhile, I'm clipping and sorting Rising Sun, and admiring my growing dice collection.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #1001 on: October 29, 2021, 06:39:21 PM

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1002 on: October 29, 2021, 09:15:45 PM
There will be some steam sale activity more than likely steel division 2

Some miniature painting

Wrapped around going to see dune, taking the dog to a play-field and watching her go mental and some take away

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #1003 on: October 30, 2021, 12:30:23 PM
First busy weekend in a while...try to avoid them given what the weeks look like.

Son to play rehearsal.

First new suit run in 100 years.

Trick-or-Treat in the neighborhood.

Oh, yeah, TRAFALGAR.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1004 on: October 30, 2021, 01:27:45 PM
My only goal is to make reservations to hopefully play Lion's Rampant and Black Powder American War of Independence at MillenniumCon over Veteran's Day weekend. It is a historical miniatures convention hosted by the Lone Star Historical Miniatures club. However, the registration has been open for a while so I will find out what's actually available to play.