Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Naval Arms Advertisements  (Read 3429 times)

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
on: July 30, 2021, 12:20:26 PM
I am currently playing a Naval Kriegsspiel and somebody shared thes photocopies of arms manufactures adverts... if anyone was gonna be interested in taking a look it would be guys on here!

https://archive.org/details/dli.granth.94473/page/n41/mode/2up

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 08:07:01 PM
The two previous pages, advertising The Midvale Steel Company, featuring one of the barbettes from USS Oklahoma. 30'2" diameter by 22'11" high by 13" thick. 1,110,000 lbs.

:o

Just what I need for the front lawn. I wonder if they'd deliver.

Reminds me of walking through the Huntsville airport, with the ads for the defense contractors all over the place. I wonder if the Standard Missile 3 comes with fries or tater tots?

And for Brant's collection of double entendres: Page 90, "SPHINCTER GRIP HOSE for any pressure up to 17,500 pounds per square inch".

Oh, here we go! Page 100. The Jane Naval War Game. Complete sets from (imagine pound symbol here) 3 3s. upwards with all requisites.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:23:28 PM by mcguire »

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 10:07:11 PM
I used to have a subscription to Military Technology magazine. The ads and there were always pretty wild

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 10:56:58 PM
That is pretty neat.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:11:21 PM by Doctor Quest »

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 02:32:42 PM
The two previous pages, advertising The Midvale Steel Company, featuring one of the barbettes from USS Oklahoma. 30'2" diameter by 22'11" high by 13" thick. 1,110,000 lbs.

:o

Just what I need for the front lawn. I wonder if they'd deliver.

Reminds me of walking through the Huntsville airport, with the ads for the defense contractors all over the place. I wonder if the Standard Missile 3 comes with fries or tater tots?

And for Brant's collection of double entendres: Page 90, "SPHINCTER GRIP HOSE for any pressure up to 17,500 pounds per square inch".

Oh, here we go! Page 100. The Jane Naval War Game. Complete sets from (imagine pound symbol here) 3 3s. upwards with all requisites.

I have similar reactions when they used to have the arms fare at the excel centre, the tube would be full of adverts for the event one week and then protest adverts satirical of the event the next... and i would be sat wondering if i could pick myself up a scud or something but alas there would be nowhere to store it in west London where i was at the time :)