Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: FOCUS ON......................Command & Colours (C&C)  (Read 14493 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #60 on: September 15, 2021, 04:06:09 PM
a toasted soldier is what we call toast cut into strips - for dunking in yer boiled egg, innit  :biggrin:

Bovril: Morning, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: What-ho, Squiffy.

Bovril: >How was it?

Squadron Leader: Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: Er, I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: No, I'm just not understanding banter at all well today. Give us it slower.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #61 on: September 15, 2021, 04:16:23 PM
Tzatziki is a Greek dish...normally a starter I think. If I recall correctly it's thinly sliced cucumber and yoghurt with a touch of garlic and mint.

It's very nice with toasted soldiers  ;D

:doh:

So, do you stack your C&C blocks, stand them up in a square, or just chuck 'em in a hex like some kind of savage?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:19:35 PM by mcguire »

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #62 on: September 15, 2021, 04:52:11 PM
a toasted soldier is what we call toast cut into strips - for dunking in yer boiled egg, innit  :biggrin:

Bovril: Morning, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: What-ho, Squiffy.

Bovril: >How was it?

Squadron Leader: Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: Er, I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: No, I'm just not understanding banter at all well today. Give us it slower.

Cabbage crates over the briney?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #63 on: September 15, 2021, 04:59:56 PM
Bawb, it sounds like you have a cunning plan.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #64 on: September 15, 2021, 11:12:37 PM
As a father of many, I will say that the very nature of a child is to spread and distribute things. It is done unknowingly to facilitate a chaotic harmony in the universe. Food, germs, dirt, snot. It is not a localized phenomenon owned solely in the prevue of a messy child. No. I contend before the court that is not the most obvious in the collusion with micro-level distortions of order and cleanliness who are of concern. For we knowingly watch and monitor the disaster left behind. We make mental notes of those areas needing to be addressed to protect our most vulnerable objects from dirt, grim, and stains. It is the so called clean child whose deception is often the culprit of leading the horrifying disfigurement of card stock, paper, and other possessions. The true unwitting crime is this nature transcends youth and follow them in to adulthood. You have all been warned. Protect yourselves.

As far as Canadians, I fear they have ways to spill a virtual beverage on your virtual components. And certainly will attempt to cover their behavior with a polite sorry before, during, and after the event! 

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #65 on: September 15, 2021, 11:37:50 PM
As far as Canadians, I fear they have ways to spill a virtual beverage on your virtual components. And certainly will attempt to cover their behavior with a polite sorry before, during, and after the event!

I can't speak for you heathens bellow the border, but up here the spilling of beer is a capitol offence punished by banishment from the beer fridge! Hence, no one dares to commit such a crime.  8)

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 06:49:13 PM
Another game of C&C Ancients with my 5 yr old. He had complete confidence this time and remembered most of what was going on from last week. His center was full of heavy infantry and with 2 well played "Line of Command" cards he was able to drive into my center completely destroying it and beating me yet again :)  He says he is really looking forward to playing more especially since I showed him the next scenario has elephants.  :o

https://twitter.com/thecommandtent/status/1439718358803492873

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #67 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:36 AM
Tent, you are so lucky to have a child who is actually interested in your hobby.
Mine were curious, but not excited.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Achilles

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #68 on: September 20, 2021, 05:39:36 PM
Another game of C&C Ancients with my 5 yr old. He had complete confidence this time and remembered most of what was going on from last week. His center was full of heavy infantry and with 2 well played "Line of Command" cards he was able to drive into my center completely destroying it and beating me yet again :)  He says he is really looking forward to playing more especially since I showed him the next scenario has elephants.  :o

https://twitter.com/thecommandtent/status/1439718358803492873
Well who does not love Elephants

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #69 on: September 20, 2021, 07:38:55 PM
Tent, you are so lucky to have a child who is actually interested in your hobby.
Mine were curious, but not excited.

Thanks, I hope I can keep excited about it once the "newness" of it all wears off.  I know alot of it is just spending time with dad now but I'll take it for as long as he wants to play. :)