Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Assault - Red Horizon 41  (Read 24327 times)

judgedredd

Reply #60 on: February 22, 2022, 03:26:18 PM
2 questions bob

1. When a moving unit is left with a hit (or more) but not destroyed, does it stop moving?
2. If that's the case, and it was passing through a friendly unit hex, it obviously can't stop in the hex with the other unit due to stacking - so what does it do?

Cheers

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #61 on: February 22, 2022, 04:03:16 PM
1) Do you mean hit with reaction fire when moving? Unless it takes a suppression hit, then it can continue moving up to its allowance.

2) If it gets a suppression hit while moving through a friendly occupied hex, then that is something I have not had happen, but its a good question. I would assume it would be prevented from entering the hex, but maybe Wolfgang can chip in here are advise us. I'll need to recheck the rule on overstacking.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #62 on: February 22, 2022, 04:35:01 PM
1. So only an outstanding suppression result stops the vehicle?

2. It can't be prevented from entering the hex because it's the act of moving into the hex that triggers the reaction fire. So it's already made the move.

I've posted on BGG for clarification.

judgedredd

Reply #63 on: February 23, 2022, 03:13:09 PM
I'm very much enjoying this game. I've just played my first scenario where you use random formation cards to select the units. Love that random aspect...gives loads of replayability.

There's alot of game too. 15 scenarios with a an additional 17 scenarios in the campaign.

Given the randomness of the scenarios, that's an awful lot of game.

Impressive

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #64 on: February 23, 2022, 04:05:01 PM
Yes, it is a great package, and a really nice system. The random formation generator for units adds such a lot to the game.

Wolfgang

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #65 on: February 24, 2022, 06:27:25 AM
I'm very much enjoying this game. I've just played my first scenario where you use random formation cards to select the units. Love that random aspect...gives loads of replayability.

There's alot of game too. 15 scenarios with a an additional 17 scenarios in the campaign.

Given the randomness of the scenarios, that's an awful lot of game.

Impressive

Thanks for this words. It is nice to get some feedback and we are using this to proceed with our plans for more stuff around Assault..... This randomness was the basis for our future strategic campaign system. Let see what comes out ;-)

Should I give some indsides on what we are working on?

judgedredd

Reply #66 on: February 24, 2022, 09:12:03 AM
Yes please....  :applause:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #67 on: February 24, 2022, 10:41:23 AM
 :bigthumb:

Wolfgang

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #68 on: February 25, 2022, 02:16:57 AM
Ok. So here we go....

we are currently working on three things:

- Add-on Tactical Air and Arty Support for Red Horizon 41 (Rules are in editorial work, Illustration work is 50% done) - I plan this in 2022
- Future stand-alone tactical Module - somewhere in the med Sea around 1943 ;-) (Units are defined - campaign is in development)
and the third thing.... is an idea since 2014...
A stand-alone strategic module which is combineable with all the tactical level modules.. and there you will see why our system is built up generic...
So be aware this thing will take some more time to develop but we like this idea combining all the levels together with troop management.

I can provide you here an overview (still not finished) about what is focussing by our strategic module:

judgedredd

Reply #69 on: February 25, 2022, 03:30:34 AM
A board game that plays out a strategic war between Germans and Russians and battled on tactical maps? And with depth. I like it. Sounds superb.

I don't know that I have enough space for the "monitoring" aspects like campaign sheet and battle formations - but I'll make space!

Wolfgang

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #70 on: February 25, 2022, 05:43:12 AM
Currently we are thinking about the scale of the strategic map... actual we test something around 8:8 companies and attachement platoons.... so we are talking about 1/2 regiment to keep this in the right way of handling. Maybe we can achieve a strategic map board with magnets then players can use the table for managment and tactical battles... but this is still an idea for now.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #71 on: February 25, 2022, 07:50:09 AM
Ok. So here we go....

we are currently working on three things:

- Add-on Tactical Air and Arty Support for Red Horizon 41 (Rules are in editorial work, Illustration work is 50% done) - I plan this in 2022
- Future stand-alone tactical Module - somewhere in the med Sea around 1943 ;-) (Units are defined - campaign is in development)
and the third thing.... is an idea since 2014...
A stand-alone strategic module which is combineable with all the tactical level modules.. and there you will see why our system is built up generic...
So be aware this thing will take some more time to develop but we like this idea combining all the levels together with troop management.

I can provide you here an overview (still not finished) about what is focussing by our strategic module:

Excuse me while I intrude on this thread and instantly become interested in this game and the possible strategic module  :nerd:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #72 on: February 25, 2022, 08:53:55 AM
I've been plugging away at getting people playing this game since I got a copy back in November. Its an excellent game (I may have mentioned that before) and Wolfgang and his team seem to have some great idea's for future addition and expansions.

Over the years, you could say that I have played a few WW2 tac level games, and without doubt, I rate this one as one of the best.

Now, what we want is Brit + Commonwealth forces and some Fallschirmjagers (how about some HG Div?) and a few Italians  ;) ::)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #73 on: February 25, 2022, 09:11:59 AM
Now, what we want is Brit + Commonwealth forces and some Fallschirmjagers (how about some HG Div?) and a few Italians  ;) ::)

ANDORRANS!  OR GTFO!  :rockon:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #74 on: February 25, 2022, 09:35:46 AM
Aren't you supposed to be on a conference call?