Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: What TTS Game Would You Like To See?  (Read 17471 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 03:02:19 PM
You actually have to get The Grand Campaign and then extract from there.  I did the maps and I think I set there.  http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:The_Grand_Campaign

I was using Inkscape to convert the files from svg to png.  I just don't know much about this type of thing though.  They don't look bad, they just start getting fuzzy when you make them bigger in TTS. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 03:05:35 PM

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 03:13:56 PM
Thanks!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 03:15:44 PM
From memory - the first module also contains the second one - I do have them both installed but I'd need to check for certain. The first one pretty much covers the whole game series though.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #34 on: May 02, 2020, 03:24:35 PM
Am I reading correctly on Adobes web site that Photoshop is only $20. I thought it was a couple of hundred.

Make sure that's an actual purchase and not a subscription model. Also take a look at the products from Affinity that are very comparable and often pretty cheap.

Paint.NET does 90% of what you need Photoshop to do for you and it's free getpaint.net

Yep, that was a subscription to Photoshop. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #35 on: May 02, 2020, 03:32:11 PM
Just had a quick look at the image files. Wow, that's a bucketload of stuff!  :o
The counters are a bit small but should be resizable. Sounds like you've done a lot of work already so if you just need the missing counters that shouldn't be a big deal. I have some counter creating experience. Right now, though, the wife just told me it's time to play our x-hundredth session of Gloomhaven.  :D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #36 on: May 02, 2020, 03:47:25 PM
World at War 85!  :D

:doh:

You asked! I’m even willing to help you out. I’ve tired starting one myself but didn’t get very far. Need better graphics and more TTS know how.

I'm wondering if Lock n Load would provide us the artwork to do this (if they approve). There is already a Vassal Starter Kit that has some artwork. Maybe we (Brant) could ask them?

I was already going to reach out to David to see if this is possible. I'll let you know.

We would probably have to do like cyrano does, and build a workshop module for each scenario.  Perhaps if you get the counters, we can team up and each work on a module. 

Playing SNF's with Storming the Gap would be fun.

Already got a plan for that, multiple scenarios that is. Also want to be able to setup the campaign game.  :D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #37 on: May 02, 2020, 04:05:21 PM
Just had a quick look at the image files. Wow, that's a bucketload of stuff!  :o
The counters are a bit small but should be resizable. Sounds like you've done a lot of work already so if you just need the missing counters that shouldn't be a big deal. I have some counter creating experience. Right now, though, the wife just told me it's time to play our x-hundredth session of Gloomhaven.  :D

I'd like to compare what you do with what I've done.  I've only worked on the Italian ID's with 4-4 on the front side, so wouldn't lose much.  Now is the time to make a change for the better.

Have fun playing with the wife.  Perhaps we can look at this tomorrow. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #38 on: May 03, 2020, 08:37:16 AM
I grabbed a random counter from the Grand Campaign Vassal module and converted it the same way as I did my Don't Tread on Me counters. The original counter graphic is so small which is why it blurs on resizing but I think it would look okay in TTS. Ideally I think the original counter size should be 100x100 pixels or greater.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #39 on: May 03, 2020, 08:40:51 AM
Not ACW I know, but a game I do own that is on an interesting subject and has a small footprint. There is also a Vassal mod for it.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125416/scheldt-campaign

Good news on this one. Wargame Vault had the print and play version for $12. It looked interesting enough to me to go ahead and get it. In fact, I think this will be featured in an upcoming video. And since I have the PnP version now it will be even easier to make a good TTS version.  8)

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #40 on: May 03, 2020, 08:48:17 AM
Its the PnP version I have as well.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 08:51:28 AM
Hollandspiele reprinted it w/ updated graphics

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #42 on: May 03, 2020, 08:53:37 AM
From what i have been told, its one of their best selling titles - designer is Brian Train, so that explains a lot.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #43 on: May 03, 2020, 08:56:34 AM
They did a great job updating the graphics.  :bigthumb:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #44 on: May 03, 2020, 09:36:53 AM
Its only small, but I really like the map - it very much captures the wet, soggy atmosphere of the place.