Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: What TTS Game Would You Like To See?  (Read 18187 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #60 on: May 04, 2020, 01:27:33 PM
Hey Bob, I was able to import the graphics and counters into TTS pretty fast. It's so much easier when there's an existing Vassal module and/or a PnP version. It would be even faster if the publisher provided the original artwork. Anyway, here's a sneak peak at the first draft:

That is outstanding! And those new OOB mats look very pretty :-)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #61 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:32 PM
Did you click the pic to see the video? Yeah, the OOBs are nice.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #62 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:57 PM
I certainly did.

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #63 on: May 04, 2020, 01:50:18 PM
War Room!  (We should get a 6-player game of that going for SNF.  Would take a few sessions to finish though)

Some lunatic just uploaded that monster...good setup, too...

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #64 on: May 04, 2020, 05:13:14 PM
I’m up for it!  I own the physical game and know the rules.

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #65 on: May 06, 2020, 12:00:17 PM
Just dl'd the TTS mod for War Room. Would be interested in a gaming night, but my schedule is somewhat schizo...  :-\ (Otherwise I'd be doing the SNFs a lot.)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #66 on: May 15, 2020, 10:57:25 PM
I grabbed a random counter from the Grand Campaign Vassal module and converted it the same way as I did my Don't Tread on Me counters. The original counter graphic is so small which is why it blurs on resizing but I think it would look okay in TTS. Ideally I think the original counter size should be 100x100 pixels or greater.

The first counter is the one BBMike did from Vassal and converted.  The second one is the one I did. 

Mike, I did use your suggestion of 100x100 pixels.  I like that better.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #67 on: May 16, 2020, 06:42:58 AM
 :bigthumb:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #68 on: May 16, 2020, 08:33:23 AM
Wow, that looks great! What did you end up using to create it?

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #69 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:52 AM
I got the files from Vassal.  They're in in there as SVG files.  I then opened them in InkScape.  When I get the files from Vassal, they don't have unit numbers.  So I add the unit number, then export it as a PNG file. 

I did make a change from what I had done earlier.  Mike, you said you like to use 100x100 pixels for counters.  I had used the original size of the SVG files in Vassal, which was just under an inch.

In the attached picture, I snipped it out of TTS.  The top left counter is the one from BB, the top right is one I did.  The bottom left is how I was originally doing it with sizes of less than 1" squared.  The bottom right is the same unit using 100 pixel squared.  I diffidently will be using the 100 pixel square method. 

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #70 on: May 16, 2020, 10:29:30 AM
Round your corners.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #71 on: May 16, 2020, 11:30:40 AM
My problem is that I don't know how to change the SVG files for counters I cannot find in Vassal.  The attached is the front and back of the 1st Italian ID.  As you can see, the line denoting an infantry unit is front are red and the back they're white.  Also, the circle in the top right needs to be a 5 on the back.  I need to figure this out also for units that I cannot find counters for in Vassal.  I think part of the problem may be that the Vassal mod was 1st edition and I have the 2nd edition. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:36:06 AM by ojsdad »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #72 on: May 16, 2020, 11:36:29 AM
Again, I will sing the virtues of paint.NET that you can use to draw pretty much everything you've got on this counter.
One of the nice things about that app is that you can do multiple layers while creating the counter and then flatten it all for final output
That way you can put the five in the circle and move that around separate from the rest of the counter or without worrying about unnecessary overlap while you center everything up
The text tools aren't great for editing. Once you type, it's there when you stop typing
but if you just need to type a couple of unit values into their own layer and then drag them into place, it works pretty well for that

The key benefit in all of this is that it is free

supposedly there are some decent tools in the OpenOffice suite, but I haven't played with them enough to know

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #73 on: May 16, 2020, 11:43:06 AM
It looks like Vassal might be creating/updating parts of the image as needed. If you look in the Vassal image directory you can see separate numbers and icons that looks like Vassal would use to layer over the counter. Since SVG files are layered you could do that yourself in Inkscape and export the image.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #74 on: May 16, 2020, 11:48:43 AM
Yep, just went into the Vassal module itself. Whoever created it does a LOT with layering/masking the counters.  :D

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy