Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: What TTS Game Would You Like To See?  (Read 18197 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #75 on: May 16, 2020, 12:20:54 PM
Again, I will sing the virtues of paint.NET that you can use to draw pretty much everything you've got on this counter.
One of the nice things about that app is that you can do multiple layers while creating the counter and then flatten it all for final output
That way you can put the five in the circle and move that around separate from the rest of the counter or without worrying about unnecessary overlap while you center everything up
The text tools aren't great for editing. Once you type, it's there when you stop typing
but if you just need to type a couple of unit values into their own layer and then drag them into place, it works pretty well for that

The key benefit in all of this is that it is free

supposedly there are some decent tools in the OpenOffice suite, but I haven't played with them enough to know

InkScape is also free.  My issue is that I don't know anything about using these tools or the lingo.  I'm just gong have to start with some self education.  And, I do also have Paint.Net and I'm just as lost with it.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #76 on: May 16, 2020, 12:21:47 PM
Yep, just went into the Vassal module itself. Whoever created it does a LOT with layering/masking the counters.  :D

So, if I'm understanding you, There is an image file with a circle 5 that I can use to lay over the circle 3 on the counter and get what I need. 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #77 on: May 16, 2020, 01:03:04 PM
Round your corners.

Don't you have to protect your little Chicago suburb from some monster.   O:-)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #78 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:10 PM
Yep, just went into the Vassal module itself. Whoever created it does a LOT with layering/masking the counters.  :D

So, if I'm understanding you, There is an image file with a circle 5 that I can use to lay over the circle 3 on the counter and get what I need.

That's what I'm thinking. But it could even be that the numbers are separate from the circles!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #79 on: May 17, 2020, 05:09:20 PM
By the way, was this the thread where "War Room", and its TTS module, came up as a topic?

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #80 on: May 17, 2020, 06:54:48 PM
Yup.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #81 on: May 25, 2020, 06:28:41 PM
Ok, I think I got some of this figured out.  And, no surprise to any of us, I'm a little slow.  Turns out, all of the component of the SVG file are their own objects and can be easily edited.  So, that 3 in the circle in the top right, I just needed to click on it, then go into the properties and change the value to 5.  The lines in the infantry were the same.  Just needed to set the appropriate color value for each one.  Now I have templates and it shouldn't take long to upload. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #82 on: May 25, 2020, 06:29:21 PM
 :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #83 on: May 25, 2020, 06:31:46 PM
Clip the corners on those counters

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #84 on: May 25, 2020, 06:32:46 PM
 :bigthumb:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #85 on: May 25, 2020, 07:21:59 PM
I believe you can have rounded corners when you load them into TTS

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #86 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:57 PM
Let me know if that's possible. I haven't found it yet.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #87 on: May 25, 2020, 07:47:19 PM
Actually, I haven't found any tips for creating counters in TTS.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #88 on: May 25, 2020, 08:29:08 PM
I have to get ready for class here in a few minutes, but here is the way I'm doing it.

Objects -> Components -> Customer -> Tile

I then select the image files for the front and back of the tile. 

The first image are the settings when the window opens, the second is with the settings I set. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #89 on: May 26, 2020, 10:16:44 AM
I don't know why but I never really noticed the "Rounded" option staring me in the face.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy