Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 226885 times)

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #705 on: July 12, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
Still doesn't look soggy enough.

It will make some loins soggy.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #706 on: July 12, 2020, 03:10:13 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.  :nope:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #707 on: July 12, 2020, 04:52:28 PM
The one guy in the middle looks like he might be considering attacking his compatriot with those tools. That promises way too much excitement for a game like this.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #708 on: July 15, 2020, 11:47:26 AM
OK, let's try this. Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris: Operation Sealion. It's Sept. 1, 1940 and I have 8 more turns left in the scenario. I have 17 Victory Points and need 24 for the win. So I need 7 VP's in 8 turns. The RN has cut my sea corridor to France, The RAF is kicking my ass in the air, it's raining, and I'm all out of cigarettes.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #709 on: July 15, 2020, 11:50:05 AM
Well there's your problem. You need bubblegum.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #710 on: July 15, 2020, 11:55:35 AM
Here's London. The hexes with the blue circles are worth 4 VP's each. The bottom one, Croydon is held by a Home Guard brigade and a small engineer unit, is surrounded and so pretty much in the bag in a turn or two. The top one is London and while I'm adjacent to it, the Brits have the 55th Inf. and 2 Armd. Div along with Flak, Arty, and engineers there. So it'll be a major job to take it, but it's do-able. Without it I still need 3 more VP's for the win. Where do I go?

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #711 on: July 15, 2020, 11:56:55 AM
one suspects you'll need some reinforcements, no?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #712 on: July 15, 2020, 11:58:07 AM
Sounds like a go-for-broke scenario with not much eye for long-term results.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #713 on: July 15, 2020, 12:06:31 PM
How about here. The blue circled hexes are worth 2 VP's each and apparently are... empty?  :o  Not really. Because it's raining my Recon level is so low I cant' see what's in them. But Portsmouth was held by 2 Home Guard brigades dug-in like Georgia ticks so, forget them. Southampton was held by an engineer and a HQ unit last turn so they're probably still there. Further north, Newbury and Reading are worth a point each. No idea what's there. So somewhere I should be able to grab 3 VP's between these 6 VP's. Three Corps are heading this way with arty so this should practically be over with. But nothing's over with, with me in command. I'm afraid if I don't do this right, I'll end-up one VP short.  :doh:  Should be interesting.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #714 on: July 15, 2020, 12:16:58 PM
The RN cutting my sea corridor means anything else I try to bring over takes 30-50% losses in transit. But I've already got all my forces over but one Air Landing Div. and Guerdian's Panzer Corp. and I shouldn't need them for the win. I've got some little engineer, arty, and Flak units I can bring over and have been using them to secure my Supply Lines and other VP's because Brit guerrilla units have been popping-up like mushrooms at a Shit Factory. Oddly, even though the RN has cut my sea lanes, my supply is still great from the S.E. ports.  :o I've grounded my air force because the RAF was just destroying it every time I tried to use them but I also haven't seen them being used offensively by the AI for several turns. Rain will hold me up but not be a huge problem unless it continues for a long time. It doesn't rain much in England, right?

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #715 on: July 15, 2020, 01:22:49 PM
Its a good game - I have it but its not installed at present.

Rain? We could really do with some - been very dry here for a while - I may have to get the hose out and water the lawn soon.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #716 on: July 17, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
This is a great weekend.  I got to see my two-week old granddaughter this morning.  After lunch, I'm going to serve some tennis balls, have a cigar, join a virtual happy hour, get pizza from our favorite place, then watch Midsomer Murder.

Tomorrow morning it's a run first thing in the morning, then a tennis clinic later in the morning.  Probably a nap in the afternoon, then maybe some yard work.  Or I'll get lazy and stay inside and play some more of my solo ASL game.

Sunday morning will be a bike ride, followed by a game of VASL playing a new scenario set in the Battle of the Bulge against a new, but good, player.  In the last game we played, he played well as the defending Germans, so I suggested that for this game he try attacking, so he'll take the Americans. 

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #717 on: July 17, 2020, 12:50:07 PM
sounds like a great plan!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #718 on: July 17, 2020, 04:01:47 PM
Indeed! We're having the grand daughters over this afternoon for swimming in the pool-- which means Grandpa has to be on good behavior.  >:(  And tomorrow a family thing, again pool-related-- which means Grandpa stays sober-- until it's over anyway. Then.... :rockon:

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #719 on: July 17, 2020, 06:28:38 PM
I'll be playing some Time of Crisis single-handed until the expansion arrives next week. Seems like a great game that's easy to solo without the expansion, though I'm looking forward to what that can add to it, bot-wise. The components are nice and the rulebook is easy to read.