Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Sinking of the Caesar Kunikov  (Read 233 times)

Fedelis

• Jr. Trooper
  • Gentleman Wargamer
on: February 14, 2024, 10:28:12 AM
Today in ironic news, the Russian Naval Landing Ship Caesar Kunikov was sunk by Ukrainian armed forces off the coast of Yalta. The ship is (was) named after Caesar Kunikov who was killed at Malaya Zemlya during WW2 on the same day in 1943. History may not always repeat itself, but sometimes it rhymes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68292602

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 10:32:06 AM
 C:-)

OK, whilst that is a current event, there are other dedicated news sites for anyone who wants to know more.

Since we prefer to avoid certain topics here, I am going to lock the thread so it does not go any further.

C:-)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:36:23 AM
On quick addendum to Bob's proactive response on this:

We do have a channel for discussions of the ongoing Ukraine conflict.  It is on our Discord server, and it is an opt-in only channel, so you have to specifically ask for access to it.

If you are interested in that, you can PM me about it, but step one is to join our Discord server, down at the very bottom of any forum page, icon on the far right of the icon set down there.

(To back Bob up on this:  no one is going to be upset that the event/discussion was broached; it just drifts a little too close to some topics we've had problems with before and would rather avoid dealing with)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love