Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Kremlin, 4th ed. release  (Read 6074 times)

DietzFoundation

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Jr. Trooper
on: May 18, 2023, 05:42:02 PM
Kremlin has been out of print for nearly a decade, so the Foundation is bringing it back.  It is currently available on the Foundation website's "Building Blocks" section for preorder.  The new version will feature a reworked rulebook and new art for all of the components.  It will include three sets of politicians. 

You will be able to play with the original American rules (Avalon Hill's), the Revolution! supplement, or the modern 'bureaucratic' rules which were first in the 3rd edition game.

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 07:56:09 PM
I believe I have laughed harder playing Kremlin than any other game I have ever played. So great.

DietzFoundation

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 09:12:13 AM
It's one of only two games I've ever owned where we've used up all the sheets, etc, and had to photocopy more.  It was great with college friends, with family, with gamers...ALWAYS enjoyable once the purges start and then rooting for sick old men to die...

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 02:39:55 PM
Never played this, but it sounds a lot like Junta. One of my best gaming experiences ever, with friends, was years ago playing just one game of Junta.  :2funny:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 02:42:45 PM
.... rooting for sick old men to die...

Might be a touchy subject around here.  :biggrin:

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 04:49:21 PM

We could always re-skin Kremlin with all the old codgers at the ACD!

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 06:05:10 PM

Who you calling “sick”?!?  :tickedoff:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

DietzFoundation

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Jr. Trooper
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 06:07:37 PM
Never played this, but it sounds a lot like Junta. One of my best gaming experiences ever, with friends, was years ago playing just one game of Junta.  :2funny:

Similar fun sort of thing but mechanically WAY different.  Ultimately, you win if you can be in power for three turns.  Everyone ages and you age yourself by taking actions (usually against other players) and there is a health phase where you roll to see who gets sick or dies.  Sick people can go to the hospital, but when you're away, others get to do your job and you can't vote during investigations, so you can get into trouble that way.

The other catch is that influence is hidden until declared.  You don't always know who controls whom (kto kogo, I believe in old Cold War Kremlinologist parlance) and things can reverse quite quickly.

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 11:18:52 PM
Kremlin is a great game. Nice to see it will be printed again! Bravo.