Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Finnish Civil War (video aar)  (Read 2562 times)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
on: July 15, 2021, 06:43:28 PM
Before anything else  'Helsinki 1918'  a board wargame designed by Hannu Uusitalo and published by U&P Games https://upgames.fi/home/

The civil war opposed Reds and Whites and saw an Imperial German "expeditionary" force being sent to aide against the Reds.
The game covers mainly the struggle in Helsinki and the German Intervention force NW of the city.

I am really surprised at the work the designer and artist put into the game. The mechanisms of play really make believe the narrative that unfolds - like in all wargames the setup is historical, the evolution is not - and delivers a most satisfying experience even for anyone that has next to little knowledge of the particular conflict.

Will do some segments showing how the game flows and we start just showing what the game contains and what elements we have to play with.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 07:30:09 PM
Nice video! I checked the costs for shipping to North America. Game is €28.23, which is about $33.00. Seems reasonable. Shipping costs? €45, which is about $53.00. Now I know how Barthheart must feel when he wants to purchase games from the US. Yikes!  :o

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 07:35:35 AM
Nice video!

Thank you for enduring watching it and, if you didn't mute, listening to my blablabber !  :biggrin: