Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Kohima-Imphal, the Stalingrad of the East  (Read 6006 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 06:22:36 PM
I read somewhere that there was a huge British supply dump near Kohima, or in it, I think. The author made some major assumptions there, saying that if the Japanese had seized it they'd have had their way with India, pretty much. I'm pretty sure the Japanese would have been at their rope's end had they won and would have required weeks of rest and recuperation to get back into anything near fighting trim for them.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 11:34:14 PM
I've always felt they were biting-off too much to chew also. But possibly as a spoiling attack to prevent or delay a Brit offensive, maybe.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 09:51:58 AM
One of the really important units of the British army was the elephants under LCol JH Williams.  Elephant Bill.
There were places only the elephants could go with loads, and for making roads, nothing worked better in the jungle.
Can you imagine being a career elephant wrangler?
Did Hannibal have an Elephant Mago?

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.